The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-06-2022, 01:30 PM

Default Genz Benz Shenandoah Stereo Delux 300LT

I picked up a Genz Benz Shenandoah 300LT in a deal. I've been trying to get info on it but it seems to be a rarity. There's lots of GB amps out there but barely a mention of the 300LT. Anyone have any experience or advice? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-06-2022, 01:37 PM

Based on the specs, it's a road-worthy and somewhat heavy product.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJazz View Post
I picked up a Genz Benz Shenandoah 300LT in a deal. I've been trying to get info on it but it seems to be a rarity. There's lots of GB amps out there but barely a mention of the 300LT. Anyone have any experience or advice? Thanks in advance!
Hi KC-J…
First off, Hi & Welcome to the forum (I know you've been a member for a couple months, but it's your first post).

Tell us more. How does it sound?

I looked at the Shenandoah series when initially looking at acoustic amps. It made it through about the 3rd or 4th screening. Good sounding, but a bit massive for my (then) vehicle trunk.

Not sure I ever saw a '300' series. I liked their 12" cabs a lot, but not the 10" ones.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 12-06-2022, 10:28 PM

Here you go:

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/vi...nual-genz-benz

I have a Shenendoah 150LT, great amp and great (and many) effects. It's big and heavy but sounds good. I'm sure the 300LT is something but 51 pounds is weigh (see what I did there) too much for my old delicate back..
Kremona Kiano
Ramsay Hauser
Cordoba C10
Chris Walsh Archtop
Gardiner Concert
Taylor Leo Kottke
Gretsch 6120
Pavan TP30
Aria A19c
Hsienmo MJ

Ukuleles:
Cocobolo 5 string Tenor
Kanilea K3 Koa
Kanilea K1 Walnut Tenor
Kala Super Tenor
Rebel Super Concert
Nehemiah Covey Tenor
Mainland Mahogany Tenor
Mainland Cedar/Rosewood Tenor
Old 12-06-2022, 11:56 PM

Yes it is heavy!
Old 12-07-2022, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi KC-J…
First off, Hi & Welcome to the forum (I know you've been a member for a couple months, but it's your first post).

I looked at the Shenandoah series when initially looking at acoustic amps. It made it through about the 3rd or 4th screening. Good sounding, but a bit massive for my (then) vehicle trunk.

Not sure I ever saw a '300' series. I liked their 12" cabs a lot, but not the 10" ones.

Thanks for the kind welcome! It definitely is heavier than I'd prefer. Frankly, the small amount of info I've seen has people raving about it, but with the little time I've spent with it, it seems a bit too bright and in my face. I'm sure I haven't unlocked it's potential though. I saw a couple posted on Reverb a few months ago for some ridiculous price. That's what made me wonder what I have here.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy bookout View Post
Here you go:

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/vi...nual-genz-benz

I have a Shenendoah 150LT, great amp and great (and many) effects. It's big and heavy but sounds good. I'm sure the 300LT is something but 51 pounds is weigh (see what I did there) too much for my old delicate back..
Thank you!
Old 12-07-2022, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on that score! There was a discussion about GB here a while back, and we seemed to agree that they are an outstanding amp, but the company (now Genzler) really doesn't put much into advertising or distribution, at least in America. Can't speak for elsewhere, but they are hard to find here. I love my Shen-jr. Had it for about 10 years, and never a problem with it. I like it for both acoustic guitar and vocals.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 12-07-2022, 05:03 PM

I've been using a Genz Benz ProLT for about 12 years now. An absolute workhorse of an amp. It mostly lives in my band's rehearsal space for acoustic guitar and vocals in rehearsal, and it occasionally goes to band gigs in small spaces for the same purpose. For several years it served as the main acoustic bass amp for the band in all gigging contexts--often as the only amplification for acoustic bass, sometimes with the DI out going to the PA system.

It's the 1x12 version of the 300LT. Only weights about 37 lbs. I bet the 300LT sounds great, although I think it's probably overkill for most acoustic amplification contexts.

Louis
Old 12-09-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
I've been using a Genz Benz ProLT for about 12 years now. An absolute workhorse of an amp. It mostly lives in my band's rehearsal space for acoustic guitar and vocals in rehearsal, and it occasionally goes to band gigs in small spaces for the same purpose. For several years it served as the main acoustic bass amp for the band in all gigging contexts--often as the only amplification for acoustic bass, sometimes with the DI out going to the PA system.

It's the 1x12 version of the 300LT. Only weights about 37 lbs. I bet the 300LT sounds great, although I think it's probably overkill for most acoustic amplification contexts.

Louis
Yes - thanks for the info. I'm amazed how little information there is about the 300LT. It's like there aren't any out there! Strange.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJazz View Post
Yes - thanks for the info. I'm amazed how little information there is about the 300LT. It's like there aren't any out there! Strange.
I don't think they sold very many of them--and I believe they only made the 300LT for a little while before the company was bought and dissolved. They made a Shenandoah 200 for a while before that--same 2 x 10" speaker design, but much heavier. Those had a good reputation, and there are more of them out there, but I don't think it was really super popular. Just too heavy and too much!

Louis
Old 12-09-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
I don't think they sold very many of them--and I believe they only made the 300LT for a little while before the company was bought and dissolved. They made a Shenandoah 200 for a while before that--same 2 x 10" speaker design, but much heavier. Those had a good reputation, and there are more of them out there, but I don't think it was really super popular. Just too heavy and too much!

Louis
I agree. Too heavy for me as well. But I saw a couple posted on Reverb some time back for 1K to 1.3K. I don't know if they sold or not. Seems like a lot of money for a 51 pound acoustic amp. That being said, I'd have to sell it for a lot less than that if go there! Thanks
Old 12-14-2022, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

I currently have the new Genz Benz AA pro. I’ve been trying to find the Shenandoah 300 LT like that for about two years. If for any freaky reason you decide it doesn’t work for you please please please reach out to me. I would be very interested in purchasing it.
Old 12-14-2022, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Much of the above information is correct. I know this amp and the history fairly well. They just started making the 300 LT before fender bought the company up to dissolve it and the reason fender bottom up to dissolve it because his amps were by far better than fenders, Acoustasonic series, and most people would say the Fishman series. Personally, I agree. For those who know the Genzler And now the Genz Benz line Yes, they are definitely more of a boutique amp builder. Some would say, but his amplifiers in my opinion are some of the best on the market.
Old 01-22-2023, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi KC-J…

Update: I had someone interested in the amp so I spent the money to take it to my local repair guy to check it out before I sold it. He just put some lubricant on a few of the knobs that were a little scratchy then told me it was a great amp. But the interesting thing for me was when he plugged his guitar into the amp it sounded amazingly clean and warm at a pretty good volume, so what I previously described as "in my face" turned out to be my cheap guitar and lack of amp knowledge.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification