The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-30-2022, 06:30 PM

Default Fourteen original songs (demos done in Nashville)

I recorded fourteen demos of my original songs in Nashville this year. Eight of them are from my first album ("A Pretty Good Me"), and six will be on my second album ("More Dollars Than Sense"), due out next year. For every song I recorded at the studio, I can pitch a song to a publisher. Since the studio works with two publishers right now, I decided to pick the best seven songs (they are the first seven in the playlist below) and pitch them to both publishers. I'll have to figure out how to pitch the other seven (and the first seven, for that matter) to other publishers. All tracks have professional demo singers on them, except for the last track . . I sang on that one, because the demo singer just wasn't "getting" how I wanted it to be sung. Plus I kinda wanted to have my own voice recorded in that studio. �� Here's a SoundCloud playlist of those songs::

Old 12-01-2022, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Asphalt sounds Great !
Old 12-01-2022, 06:10 PM

Great Country tune that Asphalt! I’ll listen to the others. It’s Better that 90% of the stuff on the Country stations! Best Sage
Old 12-04-2022, 12:00 PM

Nice work, David...thanks for sharing!

Sent you a pm.

Danno
Old 12-05-2022, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Hey very cool recording demos in Nashville is a trip, great tune

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 12-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Well done, David! Asphalt is a very well crafted song and the folks in Nashville certainly did a nice job with their demo.

I wish you all the best!

- Glenn
Old 12-05-2022, 05:30 PM

Very clever tune. Made me smile. I don’t know if anyone listens to the radio anymore but I say it is radio ready.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
great tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Asphalt is a very well crafted song
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
Very clever tune. Made me smile. I don’t know if anyone listens to the radio anymore but I say it is radio ready.
Thanks, guys. That link is supposed to bring up all FOURTEEN demo songs, not just "Asphalt". Maybe it'll work better as just a link, rather than an embedded soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/user-99202317...ashville-demos
Old 12-05-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Sent you a pm.
Sent you a PM with more details.

You should be able to figure out the prices from the link I gave, but just to give two examples:

For just ONE song, with the full six-piece band PLUS a fiddle, and an average-price demo vocalist, the cost for the full demo is $675 + $150 + $150 = $975 per song.

However, if you book an entire session (3 hrs, or six songs), the total cost comes to $3350 + $450 + 6x$150 = $4700, or $783 per song (a savings of almost $200 per song).

The least expensive vocalist I used was $80, the most expensive was $200. I think they have some vocalists that charge $250.

The guy you would talk to the most (Tytus, via email) is their scheduler, and he was also very good about helping select the best vocalist for a particular song. I can also give you my 2 cents worth on the vocalists I used.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Runner View Post
Great Country tune that Asphalt! I’ll listen to the others. It’s Better that 90% of the stuff on the Country stations! Best
Thanks . . . this link might make it easier to listen to all (or just parts) of the 14 songs. Using the embedded SoundCloud link makes that a lot more cumbersome to do.

https://soundcloud.com/user-99202317...ashville-demos

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell