The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-12-2022, 02:04 PM

Default Replacement Saddle for Eastman E10D

I recently purchased a very lightly used Eastman E10D-TC. I absolutely love it and it sounds incredible. But the previous owner shaved down the saddle a little much for my liking and I'd like to replace it to bring the action up a bit. I looked on Bob Colosi's website but didn't see an option for Eastmans. Can anyone advise what the specs are or what other saddle might work? Or will I have to send it to Bob to make me a new one? Any input is appreciated.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:15 PM

Another option to consider: Bob sells shims you can glue to the bottom of your saddle and tweak to your liking.

Sending it to Bob to have it copied would be a good option, or *most* any guitar tech could make one for you.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:51 AM

Default a thought

How much is 'a little too much'? It's easy enough to shim a saddle. An old credit card, some CA, and a single-edged razor blade are all that's needed. That will raise the 12th-fret action height half the thickness of the credit card.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavriluk View Post
How much is 'a little too much'? It's easy enough to shim a saddle. An old credit card, some CA, and a single-edged razor blade are all that's needed. That will raise the 12th-fret action height half the thickness of the credit card.
I will use business cards or credit cards to determine shim height but like to use hardwood veneer for the final shim, preferably the same species as the bridge, In theory it should sound about the same that way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair