The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-04-2022, 06:55 PM

Question Question About Martin Knob Replacement

I have a Martin GPCPA4, the knobs became sticky for some strange reason. I did a search online and found several other people had this issue. I finally decided to contact Martin and they glady sent me a set of replacement knobs free of charge.

I ask if the just pull straight off and push back on and they said they "wrap an old guitar string under the existing button. Pulling up while bracing the electronics to minimize stress on the side of the guitar."

I haven't really tried to remove them yet but I did tug with my fingers pretty good on them and they seem like they're almost glued on. Which brings me to my question. First, does anyone know a good way to do this? I'm not sure what they meant by bracing the electronics or rather how to do that. Also, should I put a small dab of glue in the knobs? Thanks!

Randy
Martin GPCPA4
Martin Sigma DR-2
Seagull Entourage Black CW GT QI
Takamine G Series EG522C Classical
Morris A4 Mandolin
Morgan Monroe MMS-5 Mandolin
Dean EABC Acoustic Electric Bass
Marshall AS50D Amp

Last edited by ryevick; 04-05-2022 at 10:25 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair