The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-02-2022, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

That's exactly how my delivery went. Delivered to WA state. I too paid the extra fee. Delivered one week after pickup from Emerald. I was impressed, given customs and all the shipping problems going on recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg View Post
I went for the $195. I'm in Tennessee.
They asked for final payment on a Friday, the same day my guitar showed up on the shipping video - Jan 21. They said they hoped to ship it on Monday, the 24th. I received a UPS notice on Monday 24 that said it would arrive on Thursday of that week(?!?). I didn't believe it and there really wasn't any other tracking info at UPS.
On that Thursday, the 27th, UPS updated the expected delivery day to the next Monday (31st) and tracking information started showing up.
It arrived on Monday the 31st. I was on a business trip, and just opened it up today.
No extra customs duties or fees.
Hope this helps the thread.
NGD here.
Old 02-07-2022, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

A little late back to my own thread - the guitar did come quickly and I did have the upgraded shipping option. As it turns out through, I am better suited to my X7. I have short arms and play classical style (on left leg, not right) so the regular scale and 14 fret to the body are a bit long for me. I love the guitar enough to have inquired if Emerald could make a short scale Virtuo for me but was told no. So, alas, I am selling it and when they get more koa veneers in stock perhaps I’ll order a short scale slimline X10.

Edit - when you are wrong you are wrong. I sold the Virtuo and was planning on packing it up to ship tonight. I got so sad about it that I went onto Emerald’s website and bought another one. If that doesn’t say how much I ultimately love this guitar, I don’t know what does. Of course it also says I’m nuts. But now I get to rest out the shipping speed again and hopefully will have it within a couple of weeks.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 02-08-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:35 AM
Charter Member

Today's the day for me. It's day 7, and UPS has done everything that y'all said would happen. Now it's scheduled for late afternoon delivery.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
A little late back to my own thread - the guitar did come quickly and I did have the upgraded shipping option. As it turns out through, I am better suited to my X7. I have short arms and play classical style (on left leg, not right) so the regular scale and 14 fret to the body are a bit long for me. I love the guitar enough to have inquired if Emerald could make a short scale Virtuo for me but was told no. So, alas, I am selling it and when they get more koa veneers in stock perhaps I’ll order a short scale slimline X10.

Edit - when you are wrong you are wrong. I sold the Virtuo and was planning on packing it up to ship tonight. I got so sad about it that I went onto Emerald’s website and bought another one. If that doesn’t say how much I ultimately love this guitar, I don’t know what does. Of course it also says I’m nuts. But now I get to rest out the shipping speed again and hopefully will have it within a couple of weeks.
I also so your post on another forum. What a beautiful guitar. Hope you enjoy it when it comes
Old 02-09-2022, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodg View Post
Today's the day for me. It's day 7, and UPS has done everything that y'all said would happen. Now it's scheduled for late afternoon delivery.
Ah, the unboxing. Should be a fun day! Will look forward to the NGD.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

The good news - My new Amicus left Donegal on Tuesday and arrived at the UPS depot in Charlottesville earlier this morning (Saturday).

The bad news - The depot is closed on weekends, and I'll have to wait until Monday to pick it up...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 02-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
The good news - My new Amicus left Donegal on Tuesday and arrived at the UPS depot in Charlottesville earlier this morning (Saturday).

The bad news - The depot is closed on weekends, and I'll have to wait until Monday to pick it up...
Second time around for the Amicus for you, isn’t it? I’ll be interested to hear your reactions this time, having had mine for a while now.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-12-2022, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Second time around for the Amicus for you, isn’t it? I’ll be interested to hear your reactions this time, having had mine for a while now.
The first one had a rough surface which I couldn't get comfortable with - this one is also basic black but all gloss....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-09-2022, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Another Emerald $95 shipping experience - anpost to USPS, delivery in 9 days, tracking all the way. Took a week to get into the post tho on the shipping end, pretty much like my past "expedited shipping" experiences.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber