The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-17-2022, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Default True Story

Earlier this week I drove about a 100 miles in sub zero temperatures with a guitar on the floor of my pickup behind my seat. When I got to where I was going I brought the guitar to my room and took it out of its gig bag and leaned it up against the wall next to an electric heater to thaw out. After about 15 minutes or so I adjusted the tuning and was happily playing. If you live in a cold climate and travel in the winter like I do, carbon fiber is your best friend. My Rainsong P12 is super light, virtually indestructible and plays and sounds great.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddle Dee View Post
Earlier this week I drove about a 100 miles in sub zero temperatures with a guitar on the floor of my pickup behind my seat. When I got to where I was going I brought the guitar to my room and took it out of its gig bag and leaned it up against the wall next to an electric heater to thaw out. After about 15 minutes or so I adjusted the tuning and was happily playing. If you live in a cold climate and travel in the winter like I do, carbon fiber is your best friend. My Rainsong P12 is super light, virtually indestructible and plays and sounds great.
Heh, yep. I've left mine in the bed of my truck during the summer and winter in PA. Summer, it was so hot I couldn't hardly hold on to it. Actually ruined the strings, but the guitar itself was fine.
Cold, yep. I've taken it in before and has to start playing it while it was fogging up from being out in the 20° bed of my truck, into a 70° place.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber