The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-08-2017, 04:19 AM

Default Alhambra Fc7

Hi has anyone got any experience with this guitar?

Alhambra Fc7

http://www.alhambrasl.com/es/guitarr...o/12/7-fc.html

Someone is offering to trade it for my crossover. It has no truss rod but it does have an ebony rod. My Camps guitar has a carbon fibre rod, which I trust more. Any problems with ebony if I plan to use Savarez alliance (possible high tension, except for the 1st string).

I want a flamenco guitar for plugging and I no longer want the crossover as I like the flat fretboards and 52mm. But I am not fond of thick necks, my Camps Pimera Negra has a nice neck. Thanks
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos

Last edited by sirwhale; 06-08-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 AM

I own one. And I must say itīs a GREAT bang for the buck. All solid woods, beautiful flamenco sound and feel. Low string action. Also transparent Golpeador.

I live in Spain and had the opportunity to compare with other Flamenco guitars of the same price, but I went all-in for this one.

I would make the trade.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 AM

I forgot, no plugging for this model, though I think you can choose that option on the website
Old 06-08-2017, 01:08 PM

Thanks Dylan

I live in Barcelona and chose Camps because the neck was the most comfortable and I was told in Casa Luthier (great shop) that Camps had the thinnest necks. I bought a Primera Negra a couple of weeks ago and love it.

Do you know how the Alhambra neck differs? In the end, he has backed out of the trade, but I still want to get a flamenco to plug in, so your input would be good. Great excuse to get a blanca too.
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos
Old 06-08-2017, 04:15 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Too late to be especially helpful, but back when I was hunting for a good all-solid classical in Spain (2008?), Alhambra was pushing D'Addario Extra Hard Tension strings for all of their guitars, so I don't think they considered the string tension to be an issue with the ebony neck strip. I wasn't looking at the flamenco line, though. You're in a good position (maybe?) to try before you buy, which I think is essential for this segment of the market - I found that finish/cosmetic issues were quite common across all of the brands that I was able to try.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:43 PM

I own one. My teacher that have a x.000.00 luthier made guitar LOVE it (we are from Spain). I use extra hard tension strings
Old 06-11-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
Too late to be especially helpful, but back when I was hunting for a good all-solid classical in Spain (2008?), Alhambra was pushing D'Addario Extra Hard Tension strings for all of their guitars, so I don't think they considered the string tension to be an issue with the ebony neck strip. I wasn't looking at the flamenco line, though. You're in a good position (maybe?) to try before you buy, which I think is essential for this segment of the market - I found that finish/cosmetic issues were quite common across all of the brands that I was able to try.
Yes, I agree. In fact most classical and flamenco guitars I've seen or owned have not had a truss rod of any description.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical