The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 10-16-2017, 04:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

Fingers, howdy. Sorry for delayed response.

I'm with you. For forty years I was strictly a teardrop player. I don't think I even knew other shapes existed. But when I got into the business a few years ago I saw this incredible demand for large triangles. I just follow the sales.

Here are our top five sellers:

1) Red Teardrop 1.0 mm
2) Black Triangle 1.0 mm
3) Brown Triangle .75 mm
4) "Tortoise" Teardrop .90 mm
5) Red Triangle 1.15 mm

So as you can see, three of our five top sellers are triangles. Who knew?

I started playing them myself about a year ago and really like them. I have fairly large hands, so I find a thicker triangle (1.50 mm) gives me extra control. It's also a great shape for mandolin, where I round off one corner a bit for tremolo.

Appreciate your post nonetheless. It's a cool shape, and very popular with our customers in our various materials.

be well,
scott
Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

We DO have thicker and thinner blanks in the black material on the shelf in the shop. We're deciding what thicknesses we want to officially add to the black line next year so we're playing around with a few different things.

If interested in a black model not listed on our site, drop a line to discuss. We call make one or two for you, no extra price. For instance, we have black tri blanks all the way up to 1.50 mm thick. The few people who have bought these have really loved them.

thanks,
scott
Old 11-03-2017, 08:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

Been a while since I bumped this one. Been so busy. Thanks, AGF, for your continued support and business. Our first year was amazing.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

The black triangle instantly became our third best seller upon release, behind our red teardrop and brown tri clt-75. Try one and I'll buy it back if it doesn't knock your socks off.

thanks,
scott memmer
Old 11-15-2017, 09:16 PM
AGF Sponsor

We had a rush on these models this week. The teardrops are currently out of stock (more coming soon), but we've got very good stock on the large tris at 1.15 mm thickness, which outsell the teardrop in this series about five-to-one.

You'll love this pick, or we'll buy it back from you.

thanks,
scott
Old 11-19-2017, 05:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Charmed Life Black is a CLP exclusive material. No one else in the industry is using this amazing new material. Since introduction in summer (after two years of field testing) we've had people begging, cajoling, threatening, praying, whining, screaming and whimpering for a thicker black tri. You forced us to respond. Here is your black tri at 1.50 mm thickness. As soon as we did this, you immediately ran us out of stock.

We are backed up right now about two weeks lead time for orders on this model. We've never had a run like this on any model in our history. If you are contemplating buying one of these as a gift for someone, or for yourself, and would like to have delivery before Dec. 25, please try to order before Thanksgiving Day. We are in the midst of a record month and this is always the busiest time of year for us. We are guaranteeing shipment on this new model for any orders currently in-house, but it's possible we may have to stop selling them, just to catch up. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Thank you, AGF. You're killing us -- but we love it!

scott memmer
Old 11-22-2017, 01:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

The blanks for the black 1.0 mm teardrops are now back in stock. Lead time at least a week from time of order. If interested in a holiday gift, please place your order as soon as possible.

thanks,
scott
Old 11-24-2017, 01:37 PM
AGF Sponsor

Charmed Life Black is a CLP exclusive material. No one else in the industry is using this amazing new material. Since introduction in summer (after two years of testing in the field) we've had people begging, cajoling, threatening, praying, whining, screaming and whimpering for a thicker black tri. You forced us to respond. Here is your black tri at 1.50 mm thickness. As soon as we did this, you immediately ran us out of stock.

We are backed up right now about two weeks lead time for orders on this model. We've never had a run like this on any model in our history. If you are contemplating buying one of these as a gift for someone, or for yourself, and would like to have delivery before Dec. 25, order as soon as possible. We are in the midst of a record month and this is always the busiest time of year for us. We are guaranteeing shipment on this new model for any orders currently in-house, but it's possible we may have to stop selling them, just to catch up. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Please Remember: All our orders come with FREE SHIPPING, no exceptions! We never charge for freight.

Why did it take us so long? If you've seen our hundreds of positive reviews on our other products, then you know our products go straight up against the best in the industry. And we've only been in business eighteen months. Memo: We will NEVER compromise our principles to boost our bottom line. I have zero interest in that kind of business. It HAS to measure up to our other products or, frankly, we're not interested. I have no personal interest in making crap products with ridiculous profit margins.

Buy one of our blackies and see if doesn't turn your head around. Play it against everything you own, including OUR stuff, and tell us what you think. If you're not 100% satisfied, we offer a 35-day refund/return policy, the longest in the pick industry. But a warning: People don't send these back. We're really excited to bring this fantastic new material to market.

One last thing: All our orders come with FREE SHIPPING. We never charge some stupid shipping "copay" on checkout. We consider it a personal insult to charge shipping on something that doesn't weigh anything. We NEVER change for freight. We'll leave it to the other guys to nickel-and-diming you to death after the sale is made.

Thank You, AGF!

Scott Memmer
Old 11-29-2017, 01:22 AM
AGF Sponsor

Charmed Life Black is a CLP exclusive material. No one else in the industry is using this amazing new material. Since introduction this past summer (after two years of testing in the field) we've had people begging, cajoling, threatening, praying, whining, screaming and whimpering for a thicker black tri. You forced us to respond. Here is your black tri at 1.50 mm thickness. As soon as we did this, you immediately ran us out of stock. It's nuts.

[B][I][U]We are backed up right now about two weeks lead time for orders on this model. We've never had a run like this on any model in our history.

Thanks, AGF! Back to the bench......

scott
Old 12-05-2017, 04:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

As soon as we introduced it, the black tri at 1.50 mm instantly became the fastest selling model in our history. We are now backlogged about two weeks.

If you hope to receive one of these before Christmas day, please pay as soon as possible. We have a ton of blanks hitting the end of this week and will have enough to fill and ship ALL orders on that model before December 25th.

The 1.0 mm teardrop also rocketed up, so much that we had the pull it off the site temporarily.

Please read the many glowing reviews in this thread.

thanks so much,
scott
Old 12-08-2017, 02:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

We are getting a TON of black blanks in next week, in all thicknesses and shapes, and will be able to fill and ship all holiday orders to arrive before 12/15.

thanks for your continued support,

scott memmer
Old 01-03-2018, 09:40 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default New black .75 mm tri now shipping

The .75 mm large tri in black is now in stock and available for immediate shipping.

Here is the link for our store.

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...-1-50-in-stock

This model is destined to be one of our most popular products.

Thanks to everyone at AGF for your continued support.

Be Well,
Scott
Old 01-04-2018, 08:33 AM

I recently got the .75 black TD and it is the best yet. I've tried the red and black 1.0 and preferred the tone of the black. The .75 version doesn't lose any of the positives of the others, but does have slightly less pick noise when strumming.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:54 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStephen View Post
I recently got the .75 black TD and it is the best yet. I've tried the red and black 1.0 and preferred the tone of the black. The .75 version doesn't lose any of the positives of the others, but does have slightly less pick noise when strumming.
Stephen, thanks so much for your post and review.

I know this will sound strange, folks, but so many weird coincidences have happened with the founding and growth of our company, if I put them into a Hollywood script they would hand it back and say, "Write something believable."

One of those things was the incredible good fortune to stumble, by accident, into the black material almost two years ago, before we even opened our doors.

Even so, I was scared to put it out there, because we are the only company in the industry using ALL of the best materials on the planet, but then, bam, it hit, and people are really loving it.

It's really cool stuff.

Thanks!
Scott
Old 01-09-2018, 06:47 PM
AGF Sponsor

The black .75 mm large triangle blt-75 has almost overnight become one of our top three sellers. The reviews from our players

Here's part of an email I received just this morning from a gentlem

.I spent a great deal of time trying to decide which picks to originally order from you, and the one I'm most pleasantly surprised by is the black .75 triangle you graciously offered to send with the others. Don't get me wrong, I love them all ...each draws out a tone that I haven't heard before from my current variety of picks.

But the black triangle draws out a depth of tone that really brings a smile to my face (mind you, I'm not a professional player...simply an "amateur hack" that has developed an ear over the years). In particular, I have a very temperamental '85 Guild F46 that frequently decides whether its going to sound spectacular or like a muffled swamp log on a daily basis. But the blt .75 brings out a consistency of tone that I've never experienced before with that guitar...to the point I'm pulling the Guild out the case more often than my "go to" Martin these past few days.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace