The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Default Composite Sound Samples?

Anyone have sound samples of either their CA, Rainsong, or Emerald guitars?

Just wondering.

lucky
Old 05-13-2006, 01:05 PM
some guy from NY

CA has some clips on their site.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:31 PM

well the never ending search of a good pick up system on a guitar may scew your preception of the actually tone put out by a composite guitar. I have a rainsong ws-1000 and I'll describe it this way. Its the most expressive guitar you'll probable play, but with that it lacks intimacy and warmth. If you like the sound of a maple/sitka guitar the carbon fiber will blow you away. But if you like the sound of a mahogany/ceder guitar the tone of carbon fiber may not do it for you...obviously playing one is ideal, but I can definitely tell you it's not the easiest thing trying to find a place that carry both brands.

you can go to GC and ask them to order both guitars, they have a policy where you have no obligation to buy, so see if they can't do that....I say both as in rainsong and CA, since emeralds are based in Ireland (i think Ireland) they probable won't be as easy to get access to.

Rainsong WS1000
Taylor "T6" Custom w/added element UST
USA Tele Deluxe
Ibanex SRX-500
Vox AC-15

Korg Pitch Black (2x), Fishman Aura 16, BBE Sonic Stomp, LR Baggs PADI, Boss TU-2, Sansamp Tech21 Bass Driver, Boss GE-7 Bass EQ, MXR Micro Amp, Keely BD-2, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Boss DD-20, BBE supacharger

Up next: Empress EQ, Radial J48

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber