The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-15-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Is the neck shape different than an X20 neck?
Yes its a slimmer more electric feeling neck similar to the X10. Its a very comfortable neck profile
Old 09-15-2021, 03:08 PM

Cool!... just watched Justin Johnson play it... I watch a lot of his videos
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-15-2021, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Nice!
The claro walnut model available has the exact same veneer as my future custom X20… tempting
Old 09-15-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
Oh and for those disappointed its not a Hyvibe guitar perhaps you should have a look at the 3D builder as we have now made Hyvibe an option across our range.
If you have any questions please leave them here for me and I will check back later if possible.
Thanks for all the support and Inspiration
Alistair
Nice. Thanks Alistair!

I notice that custom scale length is now also available in the builder.
It has a bug though. Custom scale length 24.5 is selected by default and it is impossible to have none of the custom scale lengths selected!

And a question: Why no plain vibrant weave without any color on top? My gold X20 wants a silver companion.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089

Last edited by mountainmaster; 09-15-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
It has a bug though. Custom scale length 24.5 is selected by default and it is impossible to have none of the custom scale lengths selected!
I noticed that too

A couple of other comments:

1) I like the diagrams showing bridge, 12th fret and nut positions for the custom scale lengths. The standard scale length really should be in there as well, for comparison, and as the ‘zero extra cost’ option.
2) An X20 with a 27” scale is more expensive than an X20 Baritone - which has a 27” scale as standard. That seems a little odd, but I’m probably missing something.

There maybe others, but given the enormous range of guitars and options that Emerald now offer, I’m not surprised that one or two might have slipped through the cracks. And to think that folks were getting concerned, not so long ago, about the scaling back of customization
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-15-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Nice. Thanks Alistair!

And a question: Why no plain vibrant weave without any color on top? My gold X20 wants a silver companion.
Yeah we have noticed this bug. The guys are working on it and should have it sorted soon.
With the resins we use there is always a little bit of a golden tint over the carbon so we prefer to add a colour rather than leave it natural silver. We have however done it and it looks good.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
I noticed that too

A couple of other comments:

1) I like the diagrams showing bridge, 12th fret and nut positions for the custom scale lengths. The standard scale length really should be in there as well, for comparison, and as the ‘zero extra cost’ option.
2) An X20 with a 27” scale is more expensive than an X20 Baritone - which has a 27” scale as standard. That seems a little odd, but I’m probably missing something.

There maybe others, but given the enormous range of guitars and options that Emerald now offer, I’m not surprised that one or two might have slipped through the cracks. And to think that folks were getting concerned, not so long ago, about the scaling back of customization
1) we are on that and I already instructed the designers to make that change earlier today.
2) Its essentially because we had a specific mould for a Baritone in the past but now build it custom off the new X20 platform. The Baritone price was just never increased when we changed it to a custom build. Ill have a look at that again.
Yeah its hard to get every little detail perfect but we try. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
1) we are on that and I already instructed the designers to make that change earlier today.
2) Its essentially because we had a specific mould for a Baritone in the past but now build it custom off the new X20 platform. The Baritone price was just never increased when we changed it to a custom build. Ill have a look at that again.
Yeah its hard to get every little detail perfect but we try. I appreciate the feedback.
Got it - I spent my working life working with software systems of one form or another, and know that it’s impossible to catch everything. Happy to help out - and it’s great to see you here
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-24-2021, 08:42 PM

So an honest question - how did people get virtuos that were custom built already? They were just released, and they take 3 to 4 months to construct if I'm not mistaken still. Were certain people told that they could buy these early?
Old 09-24-2021, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
So an honest question - how did people get virtuos that were custom built already? They were just released, and they take 3 to 4 months to construct if I'm not mistaken still. Were certain people told that they could buy these early?
I think they built up their stock of Virtuos before making a public release. In last week's shipping video, I think I recall Alistair saying they sold 11 in the short time between their release and the shipping video. No doubt they put some guitars in a few select hands to get promotion videos ahead of time. If you're saying "custom" in regards to the different veneers, Emerald will make stock guitars in veneers of their choosing. If you see one you like listed as "Stock," better snap it up quick.

When Emerald was doing their Select Series of guitars each month, I was able to get an X20 with a Louro Preto veneer from their second ever Select Series, with no wait. I think that month's Select Series sold out in about 3 days.

I would imagine if you want to custom order a veneer on a Virtuo, you will be looking at the typical wait times.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:42 AM

I recently ordered an X20 and will consider adding a Virtuo in the future if they offer it with a wider neck (1 3/4" nut).

With all the "acoustic guitar for electric players" models out, there really needs to be more "electric guitars for acoustic players". I play in an acoustic duo and am doing more lead playing with effects over loops. It will be interesting how they evolve the Virtuo and X10 Slimline models.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber