The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 07-20-2021, 06:36 AM
AGF Sponsor

Well, we will look forward to meeting you next year then!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:58 PM

Oh man, I'm back from vacation but will still have to miss it. Let me know who buys what, Mary.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

That info may cost you …
Old 07-30-2021, 05:40 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Oh man, I'm back from vacation but will still have to miss it. Let me know who buys what, Mary.
I think I remember you have a special weekend at your place so happy birthday to you ...or was it hers?

One guitar was the instant apple of the eye of the beholder is now already sold and yet the games have not yet begun.

We have had more people sign up and I have had to turn people away for multiple reasons. Space is limited being the first factor.

I planned nothing but order out food, but then some people asked to bring their specialty food. One said he wished he had known since his dish was a favorite to all. I may not have to go to the local town (10 miles either way) to grab instant food. Rodger and Tim tell me I worry way to much about feeding people. I know the fish and bread feed the throng, but I worry if the brisket and chicken sandwiches will. How dare I?

Rodger has said his daughter will be his partner this year. Kathy has so much on her plate at home. She's been the queen to assist with so much for several years. I will miss having her to near to sneak off to just sit and talk.

Bruce and Nancy (along with Rodger) have never missed a McJam since day 1. Those three hold me together. Without Nancy there might not be door prizes. She and I tend to giggle at times. I tend to giggle at some of the things I put out. I am thankful McJammers are OK

We can get pictures then I can ask Dennis to share them since he seems to be a mastermind on this subject. I am pleased to say one AGFer has offered to try to educate me to displaying pictures. He might want to thump me on the forehead before it's over.

Also, Dennis can tell you more about sights and sounds of the guitars he hears this weekend.

David is returning after several years of absence. He has become a great song writer. I anticipate hearing his tunes on major recordings. Maybe he will take McKnight Guitars to another fun level.

Oh - The Lone Cone now has a floor model AC. It might not be the best, but it was gifted and we accepted. Now for the full double doors being open it might not feel cool. We will see how today goes.

For now, my morning reading, coffee and apple await me. I began getting texts at 7:00 am so I need to push myself to be alert. Text me any time, Neil. I'll be able to send you pictures throughout the day.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 07-30-2021, 07:22 AM

The car is packed and I'm heading out in 10 minutes. Can't wait!!
Old 07-30-2021, 07:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

Awesome Rodger! great

A quick lesson for the desk assistance and I'll be more ready. AC goes on as soon as we are set up.

[email protected]
Old 07-31-2021, 07:40 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Day 1 was fantastic. Mother Nature provided some stellar weather and activities abound. Here a song circle kicked off for about a half hour.

more photos and videos coming ...
Old 07-31-2021, 10:36 AM

Looking good, have fun all ya'll!!!!
Old 07-31-2021, 06:23 PM

Default Thank you

Hi folks,
Cindy and I got home a little bit ago from Saturday’s festivities. A few thoughts: Is there a nicer pair of souls than Tim and Mary? Nope! The welcome was warm and heartfelt. The hospitality, sublime. The guitars? I walked around for several hours with my mouth open at the beauty, tone, and innovation. My Cindy is the granddaughter and daughter of carpenters and knows her wood. She was highly impressed.
Now the entire group that was there with us. First time we’ve had the pleasure of running into other AGF members and we dearly hope it won’t be the last. Miles of smiles was the rule of the day. Just a beautiful day all around with weather, music, guitars, and so many new friends! God Bless you all,
Thank you
Rick and Cindy Benjamin
Old 08-01-2021, 08:58 AM

Default Family....

I think every McJam we meet even more fascinating new friends and add them to our "family". Mickki and I are thrilled to go home with great memories of fun and fellowship. Thank you, McKnights for having the vision of a unique gathering that brings in folks from far places and backgrounds to celebrate together! Truly a foretaste of heaven.....

Kurt, the barbequed kitty was great this year - we missed you!

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."
Old 08-01-2021, 10:15 AM
AGF Sponsor

McJam 13.5 is now secured in the books with many new and happy memories. A special shout out to our mate ColdShot for being a core team McJammer from “Down Under”. His annual phone call is always looked forward to with great anticipation which brings smiles and adds to our fond memories.

We missed some regular attendees this year but realize that life happens and schedule conflicts become obstacles but we look forward to your soon return next year. We had a dozen or so first time visitors this year and each one of them blended in smoothly with the rest of the gang.

Special thanks to our three long distant visitors, Songwriterfan from TX, Sharky Dude (and Kimberly) from West Palm Beach, FL.

We were certainly blessed with awesome weather and cool breezes both days. We had a brief rain Thursday which cooled things off for the McJam so we couldn’t have asked for better.

I am sure Mary will post some pictures soon but we need to kick back for a couple days and recuperate. 14 years ago it took us 2 days to prepare for the McJam but now those 2 days somehow have turned into 2 weeks of prep work and power naps. I hope this isn’t a trend ?
Old 08-01-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary
David is returning after several years of absence. He has become a great song writer. I anticipate hearing his tunes on major recordings. Maybe he will take McKnight Guitars to another fun level.
Why, thank you! I didn't seem to run anybody off the first night (got to play all but one of my songs), but the second night . . . well, technically most started leaving before I played, so maybe that doesn't count.

Seriously, though, it was the most attentive crowd I've played for. And I could tell that some of my songs were definitely enjoyed by at least a a few.

All of my songs are on the forum in the "Show and Tell" sub-forum, BTW, for those who want to listen. Most are YouTubes, thought the last couple are on SoundCloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
Special thanks to our three long distant visitors, Songwriterfan from TX, Sharky Dude (and Kimberly) from West Palm Beach, FL.
Technically, I came from a bit further away . . but it was close enough (within 10%, I think) that we can call it a tie.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Music soothes the soul!

First off, I want to say thanks to Tim and Mary for once again hosting a stellar McJam. You folks are incredible! I had a blast as usual and lots of friendships renewed and some new ones established.

Great music, great food, great people! A fantastic recipe that works every time!

Here are a smattering of photos.

A song circle and some of the brave souls who challenged the open mic.

Some video from the open mic. Rodger and Ash | SongwriterFan | Steve Wamsley

Last edited by cigarfan; 08-02-2021 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Tim held several workshops and showed off his latest prototype.

Plus we were treated to a tour of the Chouse (Church House), home of Tim and Mary's daughter and son-in-law with their new child. Thanks for opening your home to us.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Some of the windows were dedicated. This first one to the founder of the town.

And the Chouse owners.

And a ringing of the church bells. Tim's daughter

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases