The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 05-03-2022, 01:27 PM

Default Dreadnought Case

Looking for a Nice (and reasonably priced) Dreadnought case for a Martin D-28. Quality is more important than name.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 05-03-2022, 02:13 PM
Charter Member

Just checked my case inventory, and found a real nice, brand new archtop 6-latch dred case with no name. Thought that this might be one I could sell you. But then i checked the QR code and found out it is a Silver Creek Vintage case, that you can buy new for $129.99 at Sweetwater (before 15% discount, if eligible) and get free shipping I believe. Certainly not worth my selling to you with shipping costs etc, when you can get one new. And by the way--I see very little difference between this case and the Martin 545 Geib-style, other than it being a couple pounds lighter, I think.

**EDIT** The 15% discount I saw is at Woodwind and Brasswind Instruments (WWBW.com)--not Sweetwater.

Last edited by sixxstringer; 05-04-2022 at 09:42 AM. Reason: error
Old 05-03-2022, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Hi Sam,
I have a Martin hard shell case that came standard with my D-18. It’s close to brand new condition. I put that case away in storage and have been using a different case for my D-18. Price is $150 Net to me. I’m in Southern California. If you happen to be close, we can avoid shipping costs. Which can be very significant because of the size of these cases.
Don
Old 05-03-2022, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxstringer View Post
Just checked my case inventory, and found a real nice, brand new archtop 6-latch dred case with no name. Thought that this might be one I could sell you. But then i checked the QR code and found out it is a Silver Creek Vintage case, that you can buy new for $129.99 at Sweetwater (before 15% discount, if eligible) and get free shipping I believe. Certainly not worth my selling to you with shipping costs etc, when you can get one new. And by the way--I see very little difference between this case and the Martin 545 Geib-style, other than it being a couple pounds lighter, I think.
I've used those Silver Creek cases and they're good for the money but I really notice the difference in the latch quality between it and a Geib style case.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:01 PM

Sixxstringer, thanks for info you offered and the heads up on the case from woodwind and brasswind.

Last edited by woodenstrings; 05-04-2022 at 07:03 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other