The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-28-2020, 05:15 PM

Congrats BillyMays on the weight loss! Last year I started intermittent fasting as presented by Dr Jason Fung in his book: The Obesity Code. Meat protein, whole foods (including the fat) and lower carb veggies, and of course skipping some meals to lose weight. I really like good food so fasting sounded scary to me, but I lost 40 pounds and changed my lifestyle for the better. No more BP meds or high cholesterol problems. Just give the body some time to get rid of the bad stuff and eat better quality food. I've had no problem keeping the weight off, and don't see it being a problem in the future. I wish you continued success in your weight control and overall health.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:10 PM

To be honest, the best part is more even energy and being able to sleep better. I cannot believe how much of a difference better sleep has made to my life.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:18 AM

Thanks for posting that. You kind of made my point.
1000 calories of Broccoli would be way easier on your body from a digestion and metabolism standpoint and I guarantee you would be full for a while.
Wouldn’t taste as good as steak of course, but a steady diet of red meat...
Ok, it might be a great way to lose weight, but it will kill you in other ways.
It’s a scientific fact our bodies need some carbohydrates and the right kinds to burn body fat in a healthy way.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 10-30-2020, 09:05 AM

Default yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMays View Post
I was definitely doing it under the supervision of my doctor, as she was the one who recommended it in the first place. Magnesium, zinc, potassium, calcium and sodium supplements were added to my diet Nowadays, paying attention to what goes in is very important. When I was 20, I ate anything and everything.
Ain't it the truth!
Old 10-31-2020, 06:53 AM

I eat venison at least once and often twice a day. But there’s no way I could do without grains, fruits and vegetables.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:42 AM

Safe to assume that the meat diet means no alcohol? It would kind of make sense I guess.

Also, what about dairy? Thinking specifically about eggs, but also cheese and maybe half and half. Sounds like butter and probably olive oil works too?

Last edited by dwalton; 11-02-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalton View Post
Safe to assume that the meat diet means no alcohol? It would kind of make sense I guess.

Also, what about dairy? Thinking specifically about eggs, but also cheese and maybe half and half. Sounds like butter and probably olive oil works too?
This is one of the differences between Keto and Paleo. Paleo is more philosophically aimed at basically eating what our caveman / cavewoman ancestors ate. So basically meat and plants, no dairy, no grains, etc. I think eggs are OK. Keto is more about the nutritional aspects of very low carbs. Cheese is a pretty typical part of a Keto diet. I eat cottage cheese with betties several mornings a week for breakfast. Cottage cheese is a great keto food and berries are about the lowest carb fruit, other than blueberries which are a bit higher in carbs. I eat eggs 2-3 times a week also.

-Ray
Old 11-02-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMays View Post
To be honest, the best part is more even energy and being able to sleep better. I cannot believe how much of a difference better sleep has made to my life.
Great to hear about your diet. Yes! Sleep is very important and something I need to do more of as I average 5-6 hours a night, not good.
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic