The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 01:03 PM

Awe, just go ahead and bite the bullet!

https://brianboggschairmakers.com/guitar-chair/
Old 11-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

I know they're expensive but I'm buying a soundseat after Xmas. I like stools but need my right foot forward a little instead of underneath me which causes knee pain. They have the footrest and backrest.

I have the Mity One chair but that causes me to compress around a guitar after a while. A regular kitchen chair my legs are angled down too much. Maybe I'm just weirdly shaped.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Awe, just go ahead and bite the bullet!

https://brianboggschairmakers.com/guitar-chair/
They do not seem anxious to divulge the price of the bullet you'd be biting. Which I suppose falls under the classification of "if you have to ask, don't bother asking"...
Old 11-12-2019, 05:04 PM

Most of these chairs would be good for stopping the forward slump for sure, but they're tilted back too far for my back.

Although they're not beautiful, you might want to check out:

https://www.wengercorp.com/chairs/index.php
Alvarez 12 String
Gibson ES345s
Fender P-Bass
Gibson tenor banjo
Old 11-12-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
They do not seem anxious to divulge the price of the bullet you'd be biting. Which I suppose falls under the classification of "if you have to ask, don't bother asking"...
I know that it will take 2 grand and some single 100's depending on what wood you choose...

I settled on the Mity Lite Flex 1 chairs so I could get extras for my jam buddies to use, too. They are a classy looking all black folding chair that fits well in most decors without screaming "I got this out of the school cafeteria".
Old 11-12-2019, 08:47 PM

Well, I love guitar chair threads. I am always trying to balance back, shoulder, height, etc.
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....
Old 11-12-2019, 08:59 PM

I got lucky when I found this one in an auction store!! It’s extremely well-built, very comfortable and swivels! The best part was getting it for $20, brand new!!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2
Old 11-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

I finally got off the good-guitar-chair merry-go-round a couple of years ago when I bought a SoundSeat. End of story. Mic drop. That’s a wrap. Now I just sit and think about the music..not the chair.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:24 PM
Charter Member

Just want to sing the praises of the SoundSeat. I had decent stools etc for many years and finally took the plunge. At first I was kind of "meh, nice, but pricey," but as time has gone on and I've figured out favorite positions/settings etc, and came to trust it enough to lean back into, put weight on the foot ring/pedal etc--and experienced how rock-solid-well-built it is......I've come really love it. Sure to last the rest of this strummer's life, and worth every penny
Old 11-15-2019, 06:57 AM

Well, for me, I'm not a fan of anything that looks like a drummer's throne or office chair. I like rustic stuff, and the decor of my house is rustic. That's why the pick-n-glider is attractive (and that so-expensive-theres-no-listed-price guitar seat above lol).

So, I like wood. Even my stool was a leather-padded rustic wood stool. But I can't use stools anymore... I need to be sitting straight up, for my lower back. I can't do that on a padded stool.... unless it's so short it's actually a FOOTREST (I did that for awhile too... like the little "milking stools" you see at guitar stores lol)

And I don't sit back when playing... no seat really works for that (for me)... the ergonomics of holding and playing a guitar requires me to be up straight... sure, I've done my share of fiddling on the couch, but it's not conducive to REALLY playing, for me.

That's why the simple folder simply works: it's the right height, it's not ugly, and *I* control my posture... I'm not even using the back of it. The Soundseat "low" model... the one with the low back... does look like it might be good for having lumbar support, so I COULD sit back and play... but again, ugly... doesn't go with the decor LOL (I know, I know, but aesthetics plays a huge role in guitar-world, and you all know it )

Anyway, it'll be good for me to "do the work" of sitting up straight anyway... engage those muscles and keep them strong, as a preventative against further back issues....
2023 Traveler Redlands Spruce Concert

"Just play today. The rest will work itself out." - Bob from Brooklyn
Old 11-15-2019, 10:17 AM

Costco. on sale right now for $23.99
https://www.costco.com/stakmore-soli...100468221.html

2014 Yamaha LS16
2020 Squier CV 50's Telecaster
2022 Yamaha FG3

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion