The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray B View Post
What a lucky guy (both of you)!

Ray
Thanks, the little monster is going to pass me up quickly, I'm afraid, I have him in private lessons that I prepped him for. He just turned 7 and his instructor had him audition because he normally wants 8 yr olds or older.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack Amatuer View Post
Thanks, the little monster is going to pass me up quickly, I'm afraid, I have him in private lessons that I prepped him for. He just turned 7 and his instructor had him audition because he normally wants 8 yr olds or older.
I don't practice. But I do play the guitar a 1-3 hours a day usually with the occasional 8 hour marathon. I don't watch TV.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:41 AM

I don't really 'practice', I just play...

If I'm off work probably about four to five hours throughout the day but not in one stretch, if I'm at work, maybe fifteen minutes in the morning, sometimes an hour or two afterwards.

I'm 26, live with my girlfriend but no kids or other commitments, but still, given the choice, I'd just spend all day tinkering around with the guitar, I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like...
Old 02-14-2010, 11:17 AM

Default In my effort to achieve balance in my life . . .

. between family, a full time job, exercise and other hobbies, I get about 4-5 hours of playing time in a week.

Now if I could just sleep faster and get 8 hours of sleep in 4 hours, I would have an extra 4 hours a day for guitar!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Interesting guys,

I'm 12 hours door to door work monday through friday (includes commute, work and three workouts in a gym per week).

My evenings from 6:40 to 8:40 are family time. 8:40 to 9:30 is reading with family time also.

4:30 AM to 6;30 AM is my personal guitar practice time, and 3 hrs each weekend day.

I do practice. I set objectives, work on neck, reading in different tunings, excercises, runs in different keys, whatever my creative mind comes up with - and am working on about 20 solo fingerstyle songs.

I track my time, just to keep myself honest. I've turned 50 also, and find if I keep myself focused, I get a lot more accomplished.

Have come a long way in four years and look forward to the next four.

ps. average 15-16 hours per week over full year, including holidays.

Stuart

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write