The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-28-2015, 06:53 PM

Default Can we discuss midi ,lighting controllers and tablets?

Okay here's what I'm after.

My lyrics and chords are currently in songbook (android) and work well. So something like this but....when I load a song I would like it to load a click track to play via IEM, possibly play a backing track on cue, change settings on my acoustic play peddle and trigger light show that will continue in time based on midi clock or click track.

lighting to work with 4 DMX RGBAW par lights. Ability to operate a home built haze machine would be good too. Possibly a couple more lights later on.

Band helper seems to tick all the boxes for me and will interface with my lyric sheets and scroll rates etc. (I wish it was not a subscription based solution though as that's a big turn off for me.) any other suggestions?

So it seems I will always require a DMX controller that can detect midi clock. But I'm having difficulty finding one let alone reasonably priced.

Now I'm not sure how I connect a tablet to the midi side of the controller and how I get my midi to my acoustic peddle?

Anyone have experience with band helper?
Being solo I need to be able to preprogram my songs. The ability to have everything cued by loading a song allows me to change set lists on the fly.

I know this is all possible but I have no experience with any of this so; enlightening me with possible pitfalls suggestions and helping connect all the dots is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

I believe you need to move this thread to either the amplificiation or recording section to get the best response. Good luck.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 12-02-2015, 05:45 AM

Okay thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write