The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-23-2013, 02:18 PM

Default Berklee Guitar Master's Certificate

So a little background for you. Im 25, been playing guitar since I was 13 with no real "formal" instruction. I basically learned everything I know by watching others and reading tabs. Along with that I'm sure I have developed some bad technique habits.

First off I'm not taking these classes in hopes to use the certificate for any possible future employment, as I know a certificate wont really get your foot in the door anywhere (that I know of). I would be taking these classes simply for the instruction and to better my skills at the guitar.

The cost of the certificate is not an issue, I am active duty Air Force and will get $4500 to use towards the cost of my certificate so I will only be out of pocket $200-$300.

Questions:
1. If you have taken any of these courses did you find them to be very beneficial?
2. What is the workload? I work full time and dont want to be too overloaded, however, I would like to take the full amount of credits possible.
3. Are there any courses you took in the program as an elective that you particularly found to be very useful (ex. Rock Soloing, Basic Improvisation etc.)?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:37 PM

I just finished a free on line course given through Berklee College of Music.
Got it through www.coursea.org I found it very helpful. Learned Scales both major and pentatonic. Notes on the fretboard as well.

Check it out it may what you are looking .
Vega Mandolin circa 1900
Martin HD 28
Fender Telecaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write