The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-09-2018, 08:12 AM

Default B & G Little Sister Crossroads

Through the years I have always played acoustic instruments: guitar, dobro, banjo. However I do also have a Lap King lap steel guitar and an older Fender Princeton Reverb amp. I really enjoy going "electric" and playing some blues stuff with friends. However, I am considering getting an electric guitar. A friend brought over a Fender (made in Mexico) strat that he got some years ago. So I am trying that out and find it will take some getting used to. On line I have looked at videos regarding B & G guitars. Their handmade ones are very expensive and nothing I could afford. But the Little Sister Crossroads sells for around $1500. In the videos the neck and fingerboard look pretty much like an acoustic. And they seem to sound good. Anybody heard one live or played one of these. The company does seem to have a pretty slick roll out of well staged videos and web site. Unfortunately, it isn't like I can go to a store and try one out live. Nothing like that in my area. Hoping someone may be able to give me their impressions.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:40 AM

I tried a couple of B&G guitars at Chicago Music Exchange. I found them to be poorly made and not worth close to their price tag. Frankly, I was really surprised. If you do go ahead and order one, at least go with CME since they have a good return policy.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Dave, thanks for the response. I was hoping to get more input. But apparently folks aren't familiar with B&G guitars. Disappointing to hear that the build wasn't up to par. I was just curious as their videos and and videos from some users on youtube seem so positive.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelakekid2 View Post
Dave, thanks for the response. I was hoping to get more input. But apparently folks aren't familiar with B&G guitars. Disappointing to hear that the build wasn't up to par. I was just curious as their videos and and videos from some users on youtube seem so positive.
Try thegearpage.net

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars