The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-30-2018, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Default the Classical Guitar Shed

I've tried a couple times to attempt to play classical guitar. Even tried the "shed" once, How would you proceed? What are your thoughts on the "classical guitar shed" for learning? How would you approach classical guitar from steel string guitar. How could I used chord progressions as a method to approach classical guitar pieces? thanks for your help
Old 09-30-2018, 09:17 PM

There are a number of good methods to learn classical guitar.

While classical music does use chords, it doesn't use them in the same way that folk or popular music does. While I play advanced classical pieces, I am not good at chord progressions because I focus on notes and transitioning from note to note. Do you read standard notation? If you want to play classical guitar you will need to be able to ready music. Some music is available in tab, but it is limited.

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-17-2019 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Edited

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical