The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 07-07-2018, 04:59 AM

Default David Bromberg last night

What a pleasure to see David Bromberg in a small venue (holds maybe 200) last night. Plus, it was maybe twenty minutes away, tops.
AC11E331-70CE-4DCF-B7EB-0D5F95D5D93D.jpg
41F2B59D-F1DF-4655-AB7A-03A184BAFEC4.jpg
Dave played for about an hour and fifty minutes, some old stuff, some new stuff and closing the night with Mr. Bojangles. He sprinkled in some great stories and conversation for and with the audience. You won’t be disappointed if you make the effort to see him.

Maybe the thing that struck me most about his musicianship, was his light touch. He lightly transitioned between chords and maintained his syncopated rhythm with no slop. It’s amazing to see a master of the genre play.

Rick
Old 07-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

He’s great. We have tickets to see him with Loudin Wainwright in a couple of months.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:38 AM

I really wish he would come to the UK again ... last time I saw him live was in 1976 ...
Old 07-09-2018, 03:34 AM
Charter Member

I’ve seen him a half dozen times... and each time come away thinking I’ve seen the best live act in my life.

His shows are fun... stories... blues... leave your worries behind. After all he likes to wake late in the morning, and don’t like to wear no shoes.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
I’ve seen him a half dozen times... and each time come away thinking I’ve seen the best live act in my life.
I've seen him three times, and feel the same way. The man can do anything. And not many people know that the steel guitar that put the icing on the cake of Tom Rush's "Drivin' Wheel" was played by Dave. (In the last concert I saw, Dave played that song with his backup group and the Angel Band, and it rattled around my head for days afterward.)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases