The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Folks....

There has been a unexpected problem in the shipping department, and to the best of my knowledge, I don't think any guitars will be shipped out until Wednesday at the earliest.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

Noooooooooo 😭
and I see the website is down...
Old 06-07-2019, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
Noooooooooo [emoji24]

and I see the website is down...
Sometimes....things just happen.

I've bought several bottles of sake to help get me through this difficult time.

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Okay some fingers crossed and hoping that some shipping starts at Emerald again soon.... I'm running out of **** sake!! ;-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Guest 928

Todd;

Lo Siento! I've been here and done this--it is unsettling. But it's become a normal for me and so I find entertainment in taunting others facing the shipping uncertainty.

Perhaps my current situation will give you some solace. I have an order in with all the specifications and a veneer selected. I have no idea where the instrument is at in build, when a shipping date might be announced, or how long the shipping will take. You don't see me in a state of angst.

In part because I've gone well beyond Sake in my search for consolation. Also I'm old enough that I can manage to forget stuff, which is a true blessing because a lot of stuff just doesn't deserve remembrance.

See how much further ahead of me you are? Lucky guy, guitar made, guitar traveling--it doesn't get any better.

As an aside, waiting for a guitar reminds me of graffiti at a truck stop bathroom: "Just took 15 whites, and the truck won't start." That's pretty good stuff.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 PM

Something's wrong with this shipping video. I don't see my guitar anywhere in there.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Todd;

Lo Siento! I've been here and done this--it is unsettling. But it's become a normal for me and so I find entertainment in taunting others facing the shipping uncertainty.

Perhaps my current situation will give you some solace. I have an order in with all the specifications and a veneer selected. I have no idea where the instrument is at in build, when a shipping date might be announced, or how long the shipping will take. You don't see me in a state of angst.

In part because I've gone well beyond Sake in my search for consolation. Also I'm old enough that I can manage to forget stuff, which is a true blessing because a lot of stuff just doesn't deserve remembrance.

See how much further ahead of me you are? Lucky guy, guitar made, guitar traveling--it doesn't get any better.

As an aside, waiting for a guitar reminds me of graffiti at a truck stop bathroom: "Just took 15 whites, and the truck won't start." That's pretty good stuff.
Ha! This is a funny post Evan! Comparing the current shipping situation to that graffiti is spot on!

For those whose guitars are in the shipping video, these videos can drive them to an unhealthy obsession, because theoretically if you see your guitar in the video, it sets an internal countdown clock in ones mind....so those videos are much like "crack" as pertains to the graffiti you saw. So the shipping videos are a really cool thing that they do, but in this hopefully one off situation it serves to feed some unhealthy obsessions :-) .

Two unusual (hopefully unusual) back-to-back shipping situations have prevented some of the guitars in this shipping video from actually being shipped for what will be 3 weeks (tomorrow). And I believe my guitar was completed 1 or 2 weeks prior to that, so my guitar has been sitting around Emerald being fondled by passerbys for over a month (if one was to indulge Kramsters thoughts).

I'm pretty certain that Alistair and his team have discussed what happened in these two situations and how they can prevent them from happening again. After all, these are not instruments that are just going to stock at some guitar shop but rather to rabid fans of the Emerald company who have put their dollars and trust into their products and ordered many moons ago. In our current "we want it now" culture (thx Amazon prime SAME day delivery), we have become very accustomed to ordering a product and having it literally within days.

With all of that being said I will patiently wait as the guitar that I saw looks absolutely beautiful and looks like they knocked it out of the park.

And hopefully they have resolved the shipping problem we see a new shipping video tomorrow...yay!! If not, it is what it is.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

P.S. I NEVER run out of sake!
Old 06-13-2019, 08:17 AM

It's the downside of technology, Todd. Back in the "good old days", you exchanged multiple calls, then rounds of photos and letters by snail mail. All details nailed down, then you mailed off your check and written order, then waited in total ignorance until one day the package magically arrived. Of course, Emerald could not have existed as-is with that business model. Times have changed, bringing the good and the not-so-good.

I do feel your pain. I ordered a custom shop Martin in 1990. When Elderly Instruments finally called me to say they had it (after seven months) I immediately opted to upgrade to UPS Blue Label 2-day shipping. No way was I going to wait a week while my new baby bounced around in the back of a UPS semi-truck cross country on Highway 80 from Lansing to NorCal. And that was back before we were so paranoid about humidity and temperature en route - the days of blissful ignorance. At least that isn't an issue with carbon fiber. Odds are it will still be in tune when it arrives from Ireland.

Good luck with the [hopefully short] remaining wait! I won't taunt you like Evan does.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:55 AM
Guest 928

Oh Todd, you optimist. All a new shipping video will do is start the whole wait process over again. Relax, order some more Sake, maybe count on Christmas.

Earl; Don't feel bad--not everyone has the gift, talent or energy for good taunting, like Kramster.

Last edited by Guest 928; 06-13-2019 at 06:23 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber