The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 AM

"WOW", that all what i can said right now, especially your voice Mike !!

My woods handled perfectly by Joel, very nice sounding guitar !!!

Thanks for made my Malaysian Blackwood become the beautiful guitar !!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 AM

Default Build thread: Stehr dreadnought

Very nice mike! I was excited to see what a Malaysian blackwood dread would sound like. I just started on one for a friend of mine. If it ends up anywhere close to yours I will be very happy. That's a great guitar.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:49 AM

good job on the playing and singing mike. My hat off to you for putting yourself out there like that.

Enjoyed this build thread too.

Hope you have years of enjoyment with the guitar Joel made for you.

Peace.

Kevin.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:39 AM
Charter Member

Henry, yes, your Malaysian Blackwood made a beautiful guitar!! I don't know if you read the earlier post, but the finisher called this one of his top 5 favorite back and side sets. And I love the way it sounds!! Thanks for the comments regarding my voice as well!

[As an aside for anyone reading and considering Malaysian Blackwood, I met Henry/TonewoodSupply through this forum and he made it easy to get into a high quality set of wood. Joel had an issue with the original sides and Henry jumped to make sure we got great replacements, so his service is also top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or buy from him again.]

Zeke, I haven't heard a MB guitar that I didn't like. What are you pairing it with? It works very well with Sinker Redwood, but I think that works well with anything. I'm sure whatever you build will be terrific, and hope you post up a build thread!! When is it happening?

Thanks Kevin! The playing was rough, lol, but I appreciate your comments!! I was rushing to get something recorded, but the truth is, I'm nowhere near as good as most of the talented folks that are part of this community. I'm taking lessons and always looking to improve, though. As for the guitar, I an enjoying it very much, thanks!! Looking forward to following many more of your builds!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 05-28-2013, 05:52 AM

Default Build thread: Stehr dreadnought

I've already started mike! I can put up a build thread I guess. It's going to have an englemann top. I tried to talk my friend into a sinker top, ive never built one and wanted to try it, but he wanted englemann instead. He also picked out my best set of MB. Actually it's probably the best set of wood I have, except for a set of "the tree" I happened to have. I'll try to get a build thread up sometime.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 AM

Wow! Congrats Mike!! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Guitar sounds fantastic bud. I'm sure you're tickled pink!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Just wanted to post a few week review...the guitar sounds wonderful and is getting sweeter and sweeter. I put on some Elixir PB Nanos, and with a very slight adjustment in attack, the trebles shine through. It is warm and mellow when played easily, but just gets louder and louder with no breakup if I strum hard. Really enjoying it. I asked Joel to set the action a very little bit higher in case I wanted to strum hard with no buzz, but feel I can lower it down because it is loud enough without having to kill it.

Hope you don't mind...just felt like sharing. Thanks all!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Guest 213

Hi, Mike,

Good to hear you are still enjoying your new Stehr! We look forward to future recordings and/or videos
Old 06-10-2013, 10:26 PM

:gui tar:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop