The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-07-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyEC View Post
Thank you Dave. Right now the tips of my fingers feel like they are about to come off! I just can't put this guitar down. Every time I start to put it down I can hear it call to me, more, more, more...
That's what happens... plus it will never slide off you lap
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-08-2021, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I like the way McPherson textured the back and sides, it makes the guitar grip to you! Have I mentioned that I love this carbon fiber guitar yet?

Last edited by KennyEC; 01-08-2021 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Syntax
Old 01-08-2021, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

But do you like the Sable?
Believe me, I understand....
Old 01-08-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
But do you like the Sable?
Believe me, I understand....
Hummm John, let me think on that one for a moment! LOL

On another note, I keep all of my guitars in a large rack that sits on top of a large table. I had 11 guitars, but I have been really thinning down the herd. It cost a fortune in time and strings just to maintain them. Anyway, I have both a dehumidifier and a humidifier to keep this room around 49 relative humidity. I always worry about my guitars and to know that the RH isn't a concern with the Sable is a great feeling. If I could figure out a way to replace my Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman (G6122T-59 VINTAGE SELECT) with a carbon fiber version of it and also find a carbon fiber nylon string guitar, I honestly believe I would sale all of my wooden guitars.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
If I could figure out a way to replace my Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman (G6122T-59 VINTAGE SELECT) with a carbon fiber version of it and also find a carbon fiber nylon string guitar, I honestly believe I would sale all of my wooden guitars.
LOL...Now you did it ! These guys here are GREAT enablers and I suspect they will be glad to help you with that problem. There's several good choices for a Nylon string CF.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
LOL...Now you did it ! These guys here are GREAT enablers and I suspect they will be glad to help you with that problem. There's several good choices for a Nylon string CF.
You're reading my mind

I'm sure Emerald would be happy to consider a custom Kestrel with a pair of Super'Trons for you as a substitute for your Gretsch
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-08-2021, 12:42 PM

Maybe if you all bent my arm a little bit. Ouch, okay, okay that's enough!
Old 01-08-2021, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
You're reading my mind

I'm sure Emerald would be happy to consider a custom Kestrel with a pair of Super'Trons for you as a substitute for your Gretsch
You were reading my mind, David.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

THe Kestrel would be great, but I would tuck that Gretsch away in a closet somewhere. What an iconic guitar !!
Old 01-08-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Hummm John, let me think on that one for a moment! LOL

On another note, I keep all of my guitars in a large rack that sits on top of a large table. I had 11 guitars, but I have been really thinning down the herd. It cost a fortune in time and strings just to maintain them. Anyway, I have both a dehumidifier and a humidifier to keep this room around 49 relative humidity. I always worry about my guitars and to know that the RH isn't a concern with the Sable is a great feeling. If I could figure out a way to replace my Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman (G6122T-59 VINTAGE SELECT) with a carbon fiber version of it and also find a carbon fiber nylon string guitar, I honestly believe I would sale all of my wooden guitars.
Don’t sell your wood until the honeymoon is over. I love my CF but I also still love my wood guitars, the more so as I have been home more this last year. Just like wood, each CF has its own sound, and your wood guitars will continue to have that, just not with the CF carefree attitude towards temp and humidity. For many there is room for both, but there are quite a few here who only have the CF. Enjoy the journey but don’t make any rash decisions.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

I am also the new owner of a Sable, traded a sweet PRS for it, and absolutely love the Sable as well! All as you have described!I initially questioned why they choose Schaller M6 tuners instead of the high end Gotohs? After using them however, they are great. Very smooth and accurate. The hard case is like a vault, thing of a gigbag down the road....I agree, its hard to put down!
McPherson Touring
Loar LM-500 mandolin
Fender Performer Tele
Various Basses
Old 01-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Obviously, he didn't play a Sable...

Tony
Old 01-09-2021, 12:53 PM

i really like mine, too! they are excellent guitars and very playable...great necks!
1990 Alvarez DY-50
2019 McPherson Sable
Godin A6 Ultra
lots of electrics and amps!
Old 01-09-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettingflyer View Post
Don’t sell your wood until the honeymoon is over. I love my CF but I also still love my wood guitars, the more so as I have been home more this last year. Just like wood, each CF has its own sound, and your wood guitars will continue to have that, just not with the CF carefree attitude towards temp and humidity. For many there is room for both, but there are quite a few here who only have the CF. Enjoy the journey but don’t make any rash decisions.
I have been selling off quite a few of my guitars, had too many. I want to get it down to three, maybe four. The Sable is 100 percent positive one of the keepers. I don't think I would ever sell off my Gretsch either and I have a nylon string guitar that is based off of Chet Atkins Gibson Studio Classic which I built myself from scratch. I could never part with it, too much labor of love in it.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namrok View Post
I am also the new owner of a Sable, traded a sweet PRS for it, and absolutely love the Sable as well! All as you have described!I initially questioned why they choose Schaller M6 tuners instead of the high end Gotohs? After using them however, they are great. Very smooth and accurate. The hard case is like a vault, thing of a gigbag down the road....I agree, its hard to put down!

Congratulations! I hope it brings you much joy as mine brings me!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon fiber, mcpherson sable