The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-15-2020, 08:16 AM

Default Fender F hole Acoustic Guitar - Any information about it?

Hi There,

I trying to find out any information about this Fender Acoustic F hole guitar. I can't find any images online that are similar and the model sticker inside the one of the F holes is not readable to me.

I can tell it might start like Model: F Sup...

Here are a couple of pics including the model sticker. I also found a piece of paper inside from a marshall guitar case again I can't find any info to try and date the guitar.

If anyone has any information about this guitar I would really appreciate knowing it as Im putting a lot of hard work into restoring it as I think it needs to be saved.

Thanks

https://ibb.co/n6hkg1z
https://ibb.co/L1v3hgb
https://ibb.co/jrF8QH2
Old 07-15-2020, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Only Fender Hollowbody I have ever seen was a Fender D’Aquisto Elite Hollowbody. But it had a different headstock than yours.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:37 PM

Hate to disappoint you, but you haven't got a Fender there :
  • Although Harmony made acoustic guitars for Fender under both the Regal and Fender labels, this isn't one of them;
  • Fender's first in-house venture into the full-body archtop market was the Roger Rossmeisl-designed Montego and LTD models of 1968-72, premium-quality instruments designed as competition for the flagship Gibson and Guild jazzboxes, followed in the '80s by the Fender D'Aquisto line - this is neither;
  • The label was clearly produced by someone who wasn't familiar with either English grammar or Fender corporate nomenclature - "Fender Musical Industry" was never one of the latter;
  • Even in the pictures, the workmanship doesn't measure up to Harmony/Regal - much less USA Fender - standards, and the hardware is all wrong for an American-made guitar...
Based on the photos I'll call this one an East European - possibly Soviet-bloc - laminated-construction budget guitar from around 1955-1960, IMO more intended to copy a Hofner (who did use the style of bridge, a similar headstock fascia and tailpiece, zero fret, and upper bass-bout decal as seen on your guitar) than anything produced on this side of the Atlantic, albeit more crudely executed than an original Hofner; you might want to repost this over on the Archtop subforum (there are a few guys over there who are very knowledgeable regarding non-American archtops), but unless this is a sweat-equity project where you're doing most (if not all) of the work yourself I personally wouldn't sink too much money into it...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, f hole, fender