The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 03:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Kindnes View Post
I love the sound of a Goodall standard, but the neck makes it impossible for me.
Malcolm, howdy. Would love to hear if and when you're able to track down that D-18s. Sounds like they didn't make a lot of them.

sm
Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 AM

I went to look at that D18s today and it certainly sounded wonderful. However no sale, as it needs a neck reset, which the current owner may arrange, in which case I may look at it again.

Last edited by Malcolm Kindnes; 06-16-2018 at 04:54 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:07 AM

An update for anyone interested. I was obviously disappointed to find that the D18s that I had travelled to see, needed a neck reset after I had been told it had already been done.
This is a problem I have always encountered with vintage guitars, they need work, and consequently I haven't owned one for many years. I was only looking at the old D18s because I wanted that "woomph" in the bass that the Collings couldn't provide. As I mentioned before, I love the sound of a Goodall standard, but the body is very big and the neck is a bit narrow for my liking.
Well, it all turned out great in the end as I came across a beautiful Kent Hamblin, which is a very rare find this side of the Atlantic, so I am a very happy man today.
Thanks to all who posted with advice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion