The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-20-2020, 02:14 PM

You can go boutiques for FAR cheaper. Read some excellent reviews on Logan Guitars here on the AGF. The pricing is incredibly low and he uses top-notch components. I will go this route before MIA Fender. You can get P90's, SC's and HB's. Not incredibly beautiful like the PRS bursts - but I'll take substance over style all day long.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 11-20-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
but I'll take substance over style all day long.
LOGAN guitars look like excellent instruments, but USA PRS guitars pretty much defines substance, with, great woods, great craftsmanship, and great electronics. Maybe what you meant to say is LOGAN guitars are a better value when it comes to boutique guitars. Recently, I posted a thread about this guitar, but if you missed it, I acquired a 1994 PRS Custom 22 in a trade, and it's a quarter century old, yet it feels and plays like a brand new guitar. Last week I just did a setup on it, and I was amazed at how well the truss-rod worked. And the fretwork is stellar. And the wraptail bridge was ridiculously accurate intonation wise. I didn't like the voice of the pickups, as they were higher output than I would normally use, so I swapped them out, and frankly it is now one of the best sounding guitars I have ever played, and I've played more than I can count and probably own 40 or more high end guitars. This PRS is as boutique as guitars get.

Here is the guitar I'm talking about...

Here is what it sounds like...

Old 11-20-2020, 02:56 PM

Stunning Les Pauls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Or a R7, R6, or R4, if you want the same sound, and quality, for less money, and if you like Goldtops and a slightly beefier neck shapes. Almost $2000 cheaper...

Here's my 2019 R4 and 2014 R7 and they are both GREAT guitars.

...and if you don't like Goldtops there's always the R8 which is about $1500 cheaper. Some of these have some killer flame tops.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Stunning Les Pauls!
Thanks Dru, when I think of rock guitar, I think of Les Pauls, and in a lifetime of chasing cool guitars, I've never liked anything as much as a great Les Paul. Most of my favorite players played them. Duane Allman, Dickie Betts, Early Jeff Beck, Early Billy Gibbons, etc. My favorite modern player is Mark Knopfler and last summer, at one our best local venues, I heard him play his 1958 Les Paul from right off the front of the stage, and frankly, I've never heard a better player or guitar in my life. What a tone!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars