The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-11-2020, 04:37 PM

Default Takamine EAN10C vs. GD93CE

Hi all,
I'm brand new to this forum. I played a friend's Takamine EAN10C about a year ago and LOVED everything about it. I decided this would be my next guitar - my Yamaha is old and it's time for a new guitar. I found a local Takamine GD93CE for sale for a reasonable price. I played it and I like it a lot, but don't have the opportunity to pick up the EAN10C again. How do they compare? Should I hold out for the EAN10C? Which is the better instrument? I would love some thoughts on this, since I can't compare them back to back. Thank you!
Old 06-11-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy petunia View Post
Hi all,
I'm brand new to this forum. I played a friend's Takamine EAN10C about a year ago and LOVED everything about it. I decided this would be my next guitar - my Yamaha is old and it's time for a new guitar. I found a local Takamine GD93CE for sale for a reasonable price. I played it and I like it a lot, but don't have the opportunity to pick up the EAN10C again. How do they compare? Should I hold out for the EAN10C? Which is the better instrument? I would love some thoughts on this, since I can't compare them back to back. Thank you!
I can’t comment much on the GD93CE just because I haven’t played one.

I did just get a Tak GB7C today and am really impressed with it so far. It’s similar to the EAN10C except the sound hole and it has rosewood instead of mahogany. If you can’t find an EAN10C, then the newer P3DC is pretty much the same guitar. These MIJ Taks are definitely high quality.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
ean10c, gd93ce, need advice!, takamine