The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-28-2017, 03:01 PM

Default Bourgeois SJ Custom Ital. S/Madagscar/Hide

SOLD--Up for sale is my beautiful Bourgeois DB Signature Small Jumbo with Italian Spruce top, stunning Madagascar back/sides and hide glue construction! Incredible quilted burst top and Dana Bourgeois (DB) signature appointments make this guitar as amazing to view as it is to play!

This is the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen or owned. However, I need another gig guitar and cannot bring myself to gig with this one. Notes are clear and distinct with exceptional sustain. I purchased this one from DiamondDave in September 2015 (great guy btw) and he described the tone as follows--"the bass and mids have that rich buttery vibe, and the trebles are warm and powerful."

Serial # 6446 (late-2013), the Bourgeois SJ is 1 23/32" at the nut and has a easy-playing 25" short scale. For full specs refer to the bourgeois web site at https://bourgeoisguitars.net/guitar-...s/small-jumbo/.

This is a very lightly-built guitar and that translates into extremely easy playability. If you can no longer play 25.5" scale guitars comfortably, this may be the guitar for you.

I hesitate to call any guitar "mint" once it has left the showroom. However, this one is very close as far as my old eyes can tell. I cannot find a scratch, dent or imperfection anywhere.

Asking $4,500 + $85 for shipping to the continental U.S. only. I accept PayPal friends and family. For other payment methods, send a private message to discuss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJStringsView.jpg (37.6 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJTunersBack.jpg (45.1 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJBackstripCloseup.jpg (31.7 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJBackwithCase.jpg (41.8 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJFrontwithCase.jpg (51.1 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJBackCloseup2.jpg (22.0 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJBackCloseup1.jpg (22.6 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJBack.jpg (20.8 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg BourgeoisSJFrontHorizontal.jpg (28.7 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by Superfly6928; 07-29-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:47 PM
G625 mistral-k

We own this exact SJ in a natural finish top. The combination of Madi/Italian is simply magical. The tone is deep, lush and rich. Absolutely outstanding for both finger style and strumming. It is very comfortable to hold and play with a big sound. Best of luck with your sale.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt Beach View Post
We own this exact SJ in a natural finish top. The combination of Madi/Italian is simply magical. The tone is deep, lush and rich. Absolutely outstanding for both finger style and strumming. It is very comfortable to hold and play with a big sound. Best of luck with your sale.
Thanks for the well wishes, Basalt Beach. I agree about the tone and the comfort. I hope it finds a good home.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Charter Member

Default I really want this one too!

I'm not gonna waste anyone's time. This guitar I truly suspect moves mountains with tone. I guess it's not much of a stretch that DiamondDave has his voodoo all over this one. Cool guitar man. GLWS yo!

B
Old 07-28-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbenson View Post
I'm not gonna waste anyone's time. This guitar I truly suspect moves mountains with tone. I guess it's not much of a stretch that DiamondDave has his voodoo all over this one. Cool guitar man. GLWS yo!

B
Thanks, Badbenson! It is a tone monster!
Old 07-29-2017, 05:04 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

WOW, that is a beauty! I love Madi and when you add Italian you've got a wonderful wood combination. And then the burst...very nice indeed

Best of luck with your sale!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:08 AM

Thanks, Woody. Yes, the Italian spruce/Madi combo produces tone that is powerful, articulate, and yet with beautiful overtones and sustain for days! I'm definitely going to miss this one.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Yes, I had a lot of fun with that one, great guitar.... and such classy appointments.... That guitar is like butter, yummy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
bourgeois, db signature