The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-05-2018, 11:15 AM

Default November 2018 Select Series Spotted

Cool!

https://emeraldguitars.com/custom-gu...v=7516fd43adaa

The YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qksyatA4U

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 11-05-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Looks like one of the seven is spoken for already - the X10 is marked as sold.

These really are rather lovely...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 11-05-2018, 12:22 PM

The X10s just might be popular with performers with that awesome plugged in sound and all.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Spalted Chen Chen - I had to look up that wood species; seems it goes by several other names. I would call it: striking!

Old 11-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Another aesthetic home run from Donegal! And we KNOW that they all sound great......

I spoke with a long-time friend from Anchorage last night. He visited the Emerald factory coincidentally on the day that the padauk Select Series was released. The Amicus went home with him that day, but he struggled deciding between that and the X30. It was a bit shocking to hear this dyed-in-the-wool traditional Martin dreadnought guy go on at length about how Emerald, "really got it right", and that he could see an X30 being his only guitar going forward. That is saying a lot from a guy who built his own D-18 / D-28 hybrid at a lutherie school a couple of years ago, and who owns a variety of Martin dreadnoughts.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Another aesthetic home run from Donegal! And we KNOW that they all sound great......

I spoke with a long-time friend from Anchorage last night. He visited the Emerald factory coincidentally on the day that the padauk Select Series was released. The Amicus went home with him that day, but he struggled deciding between that and the X30. It was a bit shocking to hear this dyed-in-the-wool traditional Martin dreadnought guy go on at length about how Emerald, "really got it right", and that he could see an X30 being his only guitar going forward. That is saying a lot from a guy who built his own D-18 / D-28 hybrid at a lutherie school a couple of years ago, and who owns a variety of Martin dreadnoughts.
See if your buddy tried a Fan Fret X30. A Fan Fret may have swung that decision to the X30.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 11-05-2018, 05:44 PM

I don't think he played any fan frets - not really his cowboy chord style. He played the entire Select Series and a few other things Kevin brought him. I know he took a picture with the harp guitar. He said things like, "I know the X30 is powerful enough to hold it's own at a bluegrass jam" and X30 is the way he is leaning.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post

I really think the X30 will be my only guitar I use. It's like having a grand piano in your lap.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
I really think the X30 will be my only guitar I use. It's like having a grand piano in your lap.

I was just playing my Baby Grand...
Old 11-05-2018, 11:21 PM

"It always messes with my head a little bit when I'm trying to set up a lefty and trying to... It just seems wrong."
- Quote from Alistair while holding the lefty November Select X20

I actually LOL'd at that. I'm grateful that they even have a lefty option. I suppose I'm also grateful that they only have a lefty mould for the X20, and not the X7 or X10, because it saves me the trouble of trying to justify another guitar to myself or my girlfriend...
Old 11-06-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headCASE View Post
I suppose I'm also grateful that they only have a lefty mould for the X20, and not the X7 or X10, because it saves me the trouble of trying to justify another guitar to myself or my girlfriend...
Nice how that works out for you...ha...
Old 11-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

I see three of the seven are sold as of this morning; the X7, X10-Level3, X20-rh. The X30 is still available, along with a lefty X20, a seven-string fan fret X20, and the Balor bass.

That X30 looks like a tasty flame.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

The guitars look richer in color on the FB post they did for the Select Series. Could just be my laptop, but either way they look fantastic. I'm glad I can't afford a select series or custom right now, I would go nuts trying to decide which veneer to choose. How do you guys do it?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:00 PM

How has no one bought the X30 yet?????
Old 11-06-2018, 11:28 PM

Haha two hours later it's gone. Excellent.

I sure like those veneers. I still prefer the red/red padauk to the yellows and browns of other woods but this month's collection is really lovely.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber