The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
seriously? 45 DREAMS! You clearly need some dream therapy. When you lay you down to sleep, you start by thinking of the most magnificent guitar you've ever owned, the one you've ordered. And then you drift to you playing that magnificent instrument to the same level of quality. And then you see the raving fans, hear the heavenly music that you are creating. And then you black out from such exhausting fantasy. When you wake up, you can start worrying again. But at least you'll have had a good night's sleep.
you forgot all the doe-eyed readheads in the crowd! i'll report back in the morning!
Old 11-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

I've tried that technique, Evan, but it never works... the only dreams I remember are replays of my working days! Probably more into the nightmare realm.

Byudzai, fear not - the crew at Emerald will work their Irish mojo on your guitars, just like what you've seen posted here. I am excited for you!
Old 11-03-2018, 05:44 AM

Did you get it yet...Did you get it yet...Did you get it yet...Did you get it yet...Did you get it yet...

Just parcticin'.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-03-2018, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

You got ME excited since I placed my order a month before you! I contacted Kevin to see if maybe mine was going to be ready early but he replied that mine had far more difficult customizations that required Alistair's personal touch and so mine was still on track to be ready the end of this month. I've been doing very well not dwelling on it! Right now focused on Thanksgiving and then it shouldn't be long after that.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
You got ME excited since I placed my order a month before you! I contacted Kevin to see if maybe mine was going to be ready early but he replied that mine had far more difficult customizations that required Alistair's personal touch and so mine was still on track to be ready the end of this month. I've been doing very well not dwelling on it! Right now focused on Thanksgiving and then it shouldn't be long after that.
Looks like you and I are in the same boat. I ordered in July, but talking to Alistair yesterday, he told me that mine won’t be ready in November after all, but he did say it should be before Christmas. I have an out of town trip in early December, so I am focusing on that and hope it arrives soon after I get home. I am happy for the OP though, I will live vicariously through you.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 11-03-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
You got ME excited since I placed my order a month before you! I contacted Kevin to see if maybe mine was going to be ready early but he replied that mine had far more difficult customizations that required Alistair's personal touch .
You got me curious! What all customizations did y'all choose?
Old 11-03-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Looks like you and I are in the same boat. I ordered in July, but talking to Alistair yesterday, he told me that mine won’t be ready in November after all, but he did say it should be before Christmas. I have an out of town trip in early December, so I am focusing on that and hope it arrives soon after I get home. I am happy for the OP though, I will live vicariously through you.
What all customizations did YOU get? I'm not sure why mine got knocked through early, maybe because I ordered two or something, or maybe mine were not that complex?
Old 11-03-2018, 07:27 PM

It will go by fast. When they get here these moments will be forgotten.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
What all customizations did YOU get? I'm not sure why mine got knocked through early, maybe because I ordered two or something, or maybe mine were not that complex?
Mine is a custom paint color. Though I think the hangup actually is that because it is nylon, Alistair needs to make the headstock, and he has been really busy. He asked what scale length and nut width to use, and I told him to just go standard on it. So the only real customization is the paint color, and I don’t think they are anywhere near that stage. I am the most impatient person ever, but that is okay. As long as I have it before my music camp in March, that is all that really matters.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 11-04-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
As long as I have it before my music camp in March, that is all that really matters.
Good to have a dream.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Mine is a custom paint color. Though I think the hangup actually is that because it is nylon, Alistair needs to make the headstock, and he has been really busy. He asked what scale length and nut width to use, and I told him to just go standard on it. So the only real customization is the paint color, and I don’t think they are anywhere near that stage. I am the most impatient person ever, but that is okay. As long as I have it before my music camp in March, that is all that really matters.
When I ordered my X7 nylon I was told that every nylon guitar from Emerald is in fact a full custom job, which is why they cost so much more.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 11-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Guest 928

Working toward my 5th Emerald nylon string guitar--definitely custom work. The waiting is sometimes hard--but it does sustain anticipation and hope.

Ran across this quote ascribed to Ben-jammin Franklin: "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
Old 11-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Working toward my 5th Emerald nylon string guitar--definitely custom work. The waiting is sometimes hard--but it does sustain anticipation and hope.

Ran across this quote ascribed to Ben-jammin Franklin: "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
I don't know, Evan. You and Jammin Ben may have been school mates, but I keep playing... and keep growing older. It's a real dilemma with this waiting stuff: when you're younger, you don't have as much patience - when you're older, you don't have as much time.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
.....As long as I have it before my music camp in March, that is all that really matters.
A healthy attitude there, made easier by owning that lovely X7 koa woody. You know, just in case....
Old 11-04-2018, 07:51 PM

ONLY HOURS LEFT TILL EMERALD RE-OPENS!!!

I work night so I get to be the first guy to bug Kevin in the morning. I try not to -- although one time we had a multi-hour chat about guitar playing -- but today I'm gonna ding him soon as they open and beg for the photos.

I said to Steph today "Imagine if it were the 1800s and you had a mail-away husband from Russia who would arrive by sea in three months. You only had a drawing of him. But in a few hours someone with a photograph is going to arrive to show you what he actually looks like..."

She got the idea lol.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber