The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-10-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
So he improved playability on said Savoy a lot, read "Yay" ...aaannnnd ...now my X 20 is even more amazing if that was even possible...plays really really nice and plugged in a much more balanced ... If I saw more of the world I would no doubt say world class... or something like that.
No surprise here! Better playability AND Sound! A great set up makes a huge world of difference!!!! Alistair needs to get with John to get his secret. John is older and has been setting up guitars for 30 years!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 11-10-2018, 10:22 PM

They way John does it is he watches you play and goes from there...so now all you have to do is go to Ireland and see if that helps Emerald come up with your own set up. So easy enough.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-11-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
They way John does it is he watches you play and goes from there...so now all you have to do is go to Ireland and see if that helps Emerald come up with your own set up. So easy enough.
No unfortunately not quite that easy! I have had other set up techs in Phoenix before who did not do a good job. Being a set up tech is a true art.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber