The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
I'm at a crossroads here and I need the advice of my fellow AGF members on what I should do! Every since I got my GS Taylor, I don't like playing my dreads anymore. Unless i'm at a gig or church, I sit down to play. I never paid any attention to the dread size and comfort level before because it was what I played all the time and I didn't realize what a smaller waist guitar would do for you. So here is my dilemma! I've got two dreads and the 95 810 was my first really good guitar and is very sentimental to me. My '02 W10ce is a fantastic guitar both playing wise and looks wise. I've upgraded it with Gotoh tuners and it's one of 26 made that year and was custom ordered with a 3-piece back and abalone rosette and binding. I'd like to try and trade it for a GA sized guitar, but I'd be giving up a pretty rare guitar in the process. What would you do? I'd like pros and cons opinions please! I'm really torn here on what I should do!
One suggestion: Keep one of the dreads. Replace the other with a true mid-size instrument, such as a OM, as that is quite a treat all by itself.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
My '02 W10ce is a fantastic guitar both playing wise and looks wise. I've upgraded it with Gotoh tuners and it's one of 26 made that year and was custom ordered with a 3-piece back and abalone rosette and binding. I'd like to try and trade it for a GA sized guitar, but I'd be giving up a pretty rare guitar in the process. What would you do? I'd like pros and cons opinions please! I'm really torn here on what I should do!
Itís great when a guitar has a pedigree or rarity, but perhaps itís even better when it gives you more playing time. I suspect that what drew you to the guitar in the first place was a love of music playing, more than a love of rarity.

If you want a reminder of the W10ce, or just like the sound of walnut (like me!) why not go for something smaller but with walnut B&S?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion