The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-17-2018, 06:17 AM

Default TC Harmony Singer 2. Feedback wanted.

Do you use or have used the TC Helicon Harmony Singer 2? If so, can you pass on your take on it please. Good or bad?

I am considering one for a duo situation where I play the guitar and someone else sings. I am especially interested in the lower harmony capability of the unit as the singer is a mezzo soprano. Need more “bottom end”.

Feasible with this unit?

Last edited by Daniel Grenier; 11-17-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:40 AM

I use the Harmony Singer 1 and the only differences I know in version 2 are: battery power and automatic gain. The Harmony Singer is amazing, highly recommended. I did read about some problems with the automatic gain in version 2 which you should check if they've rectified
Old 11-17-2018, 11:35 AM

Another difference is that, at least with my HS1 you can hear a slight click when turning the harmonies on/off. TC corrected that with a better switch. Otherwise, the auto-gain and battery power is the only difference. I confirmed that recently with TC.
The harmonies are really pretty good and the "tone" button may help fill your voice out along with the Reverb which is a TC reverb - great quality.
davidc
Old 11-17-2018, 11:39 AM

Even if you don't use the harmony feature, it makes you sound better. When I use harmony, it is subtle and in less than 20% of my songs.
Guild GAD25
Yamaha FG413S / FG200 / FG800
Old 11-17-2018, 02:32 PM

I think kaos is right that the harmonies are best used sparingly- using it on every chorus/refrain and every song just becomes too much.
Just throw it in to remind your listeners once in a while that it is still in your signal chain!
And keep the level at no more than 50% max- kaos recommends a lower setting but you have to get comfortable with it or your listeners will hear 3 people singing badly!
davidc
Old 11-19-2018, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

It is a fun pedal, and as others said, used judiciously it adds some great effects. I notice it is sensitive to singing dynamics, so if my daughter uses it, I have to adjust the volume of the harmonies for when I use it again, I have a stronger voice. If you are able to upgrade to a TC Acoustic Play, you'll get a lot more, plus you'll have guitar effect options. I just bought one, haven't hooked it up yet.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification