The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-16-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Here's the BC Rich Warlock I bought new back in 1989. I still have it but don't play it anymore. I put in a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge years ago.

That's hot, Dru! I live BC RICHs, have a Mockingbird somewhere....
Old 10-18-2018, 05:56 PM

Here's one you don't see every day - and one I don't see any more as it had sold long ago. Washburn EC-29, meaning extended cutaway, 29 frets. The cutaway design was created by a luthier named Stephen Davies, who also designed a version for bolt-on and acoustic guitars. Great active pickups (I believe designed by EMG.)

IMG_0114 by Louie Atienza, on Flickr

IMG_0118 by Louie Atienza, on Flickr

Here's a HEAVY guitar. Body made by Mighty Mite in the 70s. Neck by Schecter also in the 70s. Both are rosewood. All the hardware - including the pickup rings, bridge (and bridge block), control cavity covers, neck plate, string tees, nut, strap buttons - are made of brass! Sold it to a guy in the UK about a decade ago, the shipping was crazy!

IMG_0133 by Louie Atienza, on Flickr
Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM

My humble contributions.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
...Here's another 1983 Kramer ...
My buddy played bass and had a 1983-ish Kramer with an aluminum neck and split headstock. I still remember that thing.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 10-19-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post

My humble contributions.
OK... Aztec 'Swan, Lightning 'Swan, PC 1 Holoflash, maple board Deluxe with matching headstock, nana head Deluxe... I'm officially envious! The Nagel is pretty sweet too!

I wish I could get comfortable with the R1 nut width and short scale, but I love Swans... in the hands of Viv Campbell and Al Pitrelli they're lethal! Probably just sit in a case if I owned one however.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:04 PM

Just noticed the matching headstock on the Aztec... is that one of the prototypes from the NightSwan ad? And a NightSwan II nonetheless... If so, I'm REAAAALLLLYYYY envious...
Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
My buddy played bass and had a 1983-ish Kramer with an aluminum neck and split headstock. I still remember that thing.
In Kramerland, we call them Lumies...
Old 10-19-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
Just noticed the matching headstock on the Aztec... is that one of the prototypes from the NightSwan ad? And a NightSwan II nonetheless... If so, I'm REAAAALLLLYYYY envious...
Both Nightswans and the holoflash were assembled from NOS parts. The lightning paintjob needed to be redone because something in the paint/finish was prone to cracking and mine was badly cracked.

Not my Kramer, but this was typical with the lightning paintjob.

The Aztec was painted by GMW. I sent them a photo and said I wanted a matching headstock. I meant that I wanted it white, but they added the Aztec to the headstock. I thought it was a cool "mistake" and kept it.

The hologrid Pacer was a Pacer Custom body and I plugged the toggles for each pickup and replaced it with a 5 way blade. It was painted by Meanstreet Guitars.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Both Nightswans and the holoflash were assembled from NOS parts. The lightning paintjob needed to be redone because something in the paint/finish was prone to cracking and mine was badly cracked.

Not my Kramer, but this was typical with the lightning paintjob.

The Aztec was painted by GMW. I sent them a photo and said I wanted a matching headstock. I meant that I wanted it white, but they added the Aztec to the headstock. I thought it was a cool "mistake" and kept it.

The hologrid Pacer was a Pacer Custom body and I plugged the toggles for each pickup and replaced it with a 5 way blade. It was painted by Meanstreet Guitars.
Yes they did... some Lightning Swans were actually painted over with the Aztec graphic at the factory, since they were actually promotional guitars for big time dealers, and weren't originally intended for sale.

I had sent my 84 grail to Lee to restore the body and neck. Body, because despite the rock hard polyester finish it was no match for the studded belt the original owner seemingly wore. There were marks in the body that were done in the factory, and I had him clear over them to preserve them.

Meanstreet does kickass work as well, though I haven't used their services yet. I am going to EVH con this Sunday... EVH was a big influence of mine, though admittedly I know how to play maybe only 4 VH songs?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars