The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Default My cover of Motion Pictures - I love this song

Love this song. Come to think of it I love the "On The Beach" album (circa 1974) in its entirety! Had a profound influence on me for sure.
I and many other Neil fans consider it one of his all time masterpieces. If you haven't heard it and are curious go buy the CD and listen. So much feeling and some great music. He assembled various musicians for this album. Levon Helm and Rick Danko are in there as well as david Crosby and Rusty Kershaw on some fiddle. Ben Keith plays an incredibly soulful pedal steel and dobro on this album. A must have for any serious musician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04FLYLK-qbk

Old 04-23-2007, 01:48 PM

play that mouth harp son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice again Gil, now thats how you do a Neil Young cover......what are you doing just postin on you tube???? you oughta be out playin gigs with chops like that.........
Is that your Guild your playin????????????
Old 04-23-2007, 02:48 PM

I know...I really need to come out of the closet and start doing some open mics. I have so many songs memorized. That is in fact my old trusty Guild D35-SB. I think it is a 1977 model. I've owned that guitar since 1979.
Gave it to a friend of mine after he got his guitars stolen. He kept it for about 10 years then gave it back to me. Sold it to my brother in law and he never played it so I bought it back!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
... I love the "On The Beach" album (circa 1974) in its entirety! Had a profound influence on me for sure.
Absolutely... it still gets to me! My favorite Neil Young LP

Quote:
I and many other Neil fans consider it one of his all time masterpieces ....A must have for any serious musician.
I couldn't agree more... "Ambulance Blues" is a top five for me!

Great work on "Motion Pictures"!!! Years ago I used to cover this tune and worked out a medley with Freddy Neil's "Everybody's Talkin' at Me" ... it seems odd to me now, but it worked 30 years ago.

Hey Gil(?)Do you hire out?I have a tune that needs your touch. Drop me an email if you are interested.
Spotify

FOR SALE:
MIKTEK CV4 Tube mic
Various Shock Mounts
2019 Alvarez ABT60 SHB-E Baritone guitar
Shoot me a PM if interested
Old 04-23-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I know...I really need to come out of the closet and start doing some open mics. I have so many songs memorized. That is in fact my old trusty Guild D35-SB. I think it is a 1977 model. I've owned that guitar since 1979.
Gave it to a friend of mine after he got his guitars stolen. He kept it for about 10 years then gave it back to me. Sold it to my brother in law and he never played it so I bought it back!
that should in fact be your next goal Gil.........hit some open mics......they'd love you!!!!!!!!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell