The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Me

Default Bob Bennett - First Things First - Limited Edition Re-Release

This was one of my first Christian albums. It was first released as an album in 1979. It made it to CD for a short time in the 80s and has been very hard to find. This CD has sold for well over $100 on eBay, but just this month (4/2007) Bob was able to get it re-released.
Bob is a wonderful musician, song writer and singer. If you love acoustic guitar I think you will love this CD. I highly recommend you pick this up soon because it is wonderful and there is no way to know how long it will be available.

Song list -
Carpenter Gone Bad?
The Night Shift
Whistling in the Dark
The Best
You're Welcome Here
Forgive and Forget
(I Know That) My Redeemer Lives
The Garden Song
I Belong to You
Healings
Spiritual Equation
Bonus Song-by-Song Commentaries
(I love the commentaries. Bob talks about his thoughts on the songs, what he was thinking when he wrote them, and other interesting insights.)

For purchasing information, click on "First Things First" on the upper right side of Bob's website.
The best way to get it is to PayPal $15 to [email protected]. If you ask, he'll even autograph it.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM

I met Bob at Toccoa Falls College in 1993 and he was simply amazing. He is a genuine, kind, and humble man and it was an honor to share some time with him. I got there late and he told me he would sing a song for me after he signed some cd's and met the folks there. When he was done he de-tuned his taylor 810 and put it in it's case, turned and saw me and said"I promised you a song did'nt I?" I said it was okay but he took the guitar out and tuned it, asked for my selection and sat right in front of me and sang. I'll never forget how touched I was by his music and the man. Bob is awesome.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Qui Plantavit Curabit

Big Bob Bennett fan here. Thanks for the info Steve, certainly something I plan to take advantage of.

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy."
--Samuel Adams

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell