The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-04-2022, 12:49 PM

Default Moderately-priced 7 string nylon guitars available in US

I've been wanting to try a 7 string guitar, and I have been spending a bunch of time poking around online to see what is available. My experience is with steel strings, but I've been thinking about trying a crossover anyway, and there's a lot more 7 strings available in the classical/nylon world, so a lot of my searching has gone in that direction.

As someone just wanting to give a 7 string an extended trial, and not ready to invest serious dollars, I've focused on production instruments rather than individual luthier builds.

There's lots more of this type of instrument available in Europe and South America than in the US. I'm sharing here what I've found available for new instruments, where I've seen a price under $1600. Either sold in the US or shipped to the US for a reasonable cost. I am posting to make things easier for the next person looking into this, but would also be delighted to learn of additional instruments, hear comments on these instruments from folks who have played them, or have the information I have provided corrected.

Cheers,
Davy

Items listed roughly in order from most to least expensive

Bartolex SRC7CEL (cedar) and SRS7CEL (Spruce) 650 scale. 55mm nut.
Cutaway. Pickup. Cedar top. Laminate Rosewood Back.

Kremona CW7. 650 scale. 55mm nut. 15.24 lower bout. Cutaway. Pickup. Cedar top. Solid Rosewood Back.

Godin Multiac Nylon Encore 7-String. 650 mmscale 60mm nut. 24" radius. Cutaway. Pickup. Primarily for amplified playing. Cedar top. Laminate? Maple body.

Kremona F65CW-7S 650 scale. 55mm nut. 15.24 lower bout. Non-cutaway. No pickup. Spruce top. Laminate Sapele Back.

AGILE RENAISSANCE CLASSICAL 72527. Multiscale. 2 3/8 (60mm) nut. 14.25 lower bout. 20" radius.Cutaway. Pickup. Spruce top. Laminate Mahogany Back.

Kalango.com has seven different models, variously made by Artimusica, APC and Rozini. All have solid tops and laminate backs. Some have pickups, some cutaway. Ship from Germany to USA by DHL. Shipping costs vary by weight, but amounts quoted have all been under 50 euros.

Thomann Classica Fusion 7 (Thomann branded, made by APC in Portugal ). 650 scale. 62mm nut. Non- Cutaway. No Pickup. Spruce top. Laminate Sapele Back.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
7 string acoustic, 7 stringed nylon guitar, available in usa, moderately-priced