The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 02:38 AM

Default Epiphone EF 500RCCE

Hi everyone,

(I'm maybe someone has some advice for me on this section looks like noone has this model...?)

My Epiphone EF 500RCCE original pickup (Esonic 2) is giving trouble again and i decided to take out the US pickup and install a Fishman matrix Infinity VT. However when it arrived and as I started work on the install I realized that the Matrix VT pickup length falls short in the saddle slot and does not even reach the 1st E string, so it looks like I will have to return it. The Matrix Infinity VT was my choice because I have a Fishman Aura Spectrum and most reviews seem to say the matrix VT is a great match with the Spectrum.

I should have checked the string spacing at the bridge on my EF500RCCE it does have a very generous wide spacing, anyway I'm wondering if any other EF500RCCE owner's have other alternative pickup/brands that they have fitted to replace the original Esonic2, bearing in mind the Spectrum preamp

I have attached a photo of the Matrix VT pickup in situ in my saddle slot, upside down - but you get the idea I hope.

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards

Alan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion