The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your favorite bracing pattern?
Straight Braced / Non-Forward Shifted 1 1.69%
Straight Braced / Forward Shifted 6 10.17%
Straight Braced / Read Shifted 1 1.69%
Scalloped braced / Non-Forward Shifted 6 10.17%
Scalloped Braced / Forward Shifted 42 71.19%
Scalloped Braced / Rear Shifted 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2018, 12:59 AM

My favorite bracing is whichever pattern Martin used for the America 1 Model that I bought last month. I'm with vindibona on this one --- sound is all I care about and go by, so in order to know the bracing pattern in this guitar, I would have to look it up in the specs, to be honest. It's something scalloped and forward-shifted, if I remember correctly...

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 05-26-2018, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
I always personally thought the treble side of an HD-28 sounded thin. Others may think I'm nuts and call it fat.
How funny. I recently played an HD-28, and I remember thinking that the one big characteristic that set it apart from any other Martin I've played was the strong, substantial sound of the trebles... [emoji1]

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 05-26-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
The the sake of this thread, let's just pretend that we are talking strictly about Spruce/Rosewood dreads.
You lost me there.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
OP is all over the place. Mentioning D-35's in other threads, HD-28's, etc.

OP, have you actually gone out and played any of these models?! It's a pretty easy decision to made when you play them. I make my decision in like 15-20 minutes. I'd never rely on an Internet forum to guide me. I know what my ear likes and wants to hear. What others like and want to hear, or the way they describe what they're hearing may be completely different.

I always personally thought the treble side of an HD-28 sounded thin. Others may think I'm nuts and call it fat. Instead of all the endless threads you really need to go play them, otherwise you'll just keep buying and selling.

If I had them locally to play, I wouldn’t be asking the question. All I’ve found locally are a couple HD-28s, an HD-28v. I’ve never seen a D-35 in person let alone got to play one. All I have to go on are my “all over the place questions” and YouTube videos.

Maybe if I had some decent shops around here I wouldn’t have to even be a part of this forum and “bother” you people who obviously have it all together and aren’t so all over the place....
Old 02-16-2021, 01:38 PM

Hey folks, I am reviving this dead thread because I think it's an interesting poll and I wonder if public opinion has changed at all a few years into the Reimagined series.

As of Feb 2021, Forward shifted scalloped braces received 36 votes, and tied for #2 were forward / straight & center / scalloped at 6 votes each.

Are we still sold on forward shifted scalloped braces for our Martin dreads?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion