The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-11-2018, 06:27 PM

Default New Amp Day!

Hello all!
I have been watching this amp for quite some time and saw that Sweetwater was selling it for more than 50% off! Egnater Tweaker 88, great clean tones huge headroom and thick tube gain. I really like it! Here is a little sound sample I made today with my Ibanez.

Not my picture. I suggest you check them out soon as I don't know how long this sale will last!
Cheers,
J
Old 05-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Great, great, great amps! My 65 TRRI sat covered once I picked this little gem up. Mine is the 15. Portable...Check! Versatile...Check! Killer tones with great features...check! Takes pedals well...check. Of course I’m a bit biased lol...

Only “wish” would’ve been for a dual channel, but nothing a good dirt pedal can’t fix. The effects loop is fantastic as well. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4A2B2DDC-4D11-4F69-A1C1-061AAA03C237.jpg (40.9 KB, 100 views)
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS

Last edited by PTony; 05-14-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Great, great, great amps! My 65 TRRI sat covered once I picked this little gem up. Mines the 15. Portable...Check! Versatile...Check! Killer tones with great features...check! Takes pedals well...check. Of course I’m a bit biased lol...

Only “wish” would’ve been for a dual channel, but nothing a good dirt pedal can’t fix. The effects loop is fantastic as well. Enjoy!
Heck ya! Plus I think they look supper classy. I almost feel like the 15 watt head is 2 channel just because of the difference the hot switch makes. I know it's not foot switchable but it's such a different sound and feel it's almost like another channel. I think the Vox setting is my favorite how about you?
Cheers!
J
Old 05-14-2018, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGoldsmack View Post
Heck ya! Plus I think they look supper classy. I almost feel like the 15 watt head is 2 channel just because of the difference the hot switch makes. I know it's not foot switchable but it's such a different sound and feel it's almost like another channel. I think the Vox setting is my favorite how about you?
Cheers!
J
Agreed regarding the class aspect. Almost boutique looking. I do like the Vox but honestly, I have a Vox MV50 clean head that is unreal good. At first blush it appears to be toy like. NOT the case. I’ve been blown away by it.

So when I’m looking for Vox tones I use it. Not that the Tweaker Vox setting isn’t good. It is. But the MV50 Vox clean tones are unreal good. Seriously. I use it on stage instead of having to haul an amp head and cab. It sits on the pedal board like a pedal. Run my guitars through an A/B, through the pedal chain to the MV50 and out to the PA. Killer tones.

Anyway, not to sidebar your thread. I love the Tweaker. I use the Marshall/Brit setting a lot. Vintage/hot/normal/deep. With my earthquaker devices dispatch master and a tube screamer it sounds fantastic.

Just for giggles I thought I’d mention that the black box above is a custom pedal cab a friend built for me. 2 slide out trays covered in material Velcro adheres to with a blue led inside. Cover it with smoke plexiglass. Light the led to shine through for after dark play. It’s a home rig. My live board is more traditional. Still hand made by the same guy.

My wife actually came up with the design because at the time I had more pedals at home and she was tired of seeing them lol.

Again, not to derail your thread...
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 05-14-2018, 11:43 AM

Congrats, and the clip sounds great!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars