The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-01-2019, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Default A shout out for Michael Raven's music books

So way back in the mid 80's when I was starting to play guitar, one of the few sources of a mixture of traditional and classical music in both tab and staff notation in the UK was done by a guy call Michael Raven, who was deep into the folk scene. My guitar playing fizzled out when life got it the way and the couple of books I had went onto the shelf or were given away
So years went by and I moved to the US, a year or so ago I picked up guitar and recently got to missing those tunes so I went looking.
Michael has passed away and the books are no longer in publication, however Eve, his wife is selling old stock through her website. It 'aint Amazon, but Eve is good to deal with - an email conversation works well and I got her to use Paypal.
I got a bunch of books to even out the mailing cost from the UK.
The music is mostly beginner to intermediate and in a variety of styles: classical, baroque, ragtime, a bit of blues, lots of folk tunes / songs from the British isles, some original compositions and some stuff in alternate tunings. If your looking for something like this check it out....
http://michaelravenpublications.com/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write