The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-05-2020, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Hi Aaron,

will it replace the JBL EON ONE compact and Bose S1 in your own gear list?

Cheers,
Cuki
Like I state in the video. They have smaller and lighter options as well. One of those MAY replace the S1 Pro/EON Compact...
Old 09-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
First off your voice, never heard you sing before, you have great voice. It is very smooth, textured and interesting and I could listen for a full show and not get bored.

Excellent review as always, I like your enthusiasm you obviously love this product. Members here that have EAE gear rave about them and I can see why. The price at $1200 might seem steep but when you compare to a Bose S1 it is double the power output, has a full digital mixer on board and so many more features. Seems well worth the price for what you are getting.
Thank you for the compliment!
Old 09-06-2020, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

Good to know on the custom order for the wood cabinet model. I'll have to look hard at that. We're not gigging at the moment and in all honesty likely not to start back up until sometime in 2021 or even beyond. So it's not like we need the extra power.

I do use the notch on my EAE StompMix X6. Like Aaron says, it's just three button pushes away on each channel as needed. But I'd still like an outboard one in addition for those on-the-fly needs. I also like the side pole mount that positions the mixer and controls for easy access.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Good to know on the custom order for the wood cabinet model. I'll have to look hard at that. We're not gigging at the moment and in all honesty likely not to start back up until sometime in 2021 or even beyond. So it's not like we need the extra power.

I do use the notch on my EAE StompMix X6. Like Aaron says, it's just three button pushes away on each channel as needed. But I'd still like an outboard one in addition for those on-the-fly needs. I also like the side pole mount that positions the mixer and controls for easy access.
The notch there now is per channel.
The one your asking for would be global
Iike the tone knobs on top..correct?
Old 09-06-2020, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

It's nice to see 48-volt phantom power on 4 mic inputs!

D6-58 120 WATT LITHIUM BATTERY POWERED ACOUSTIC AMPLIFIER WITH 6 CHAN DIGITAL MIXER
SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
• System Architecture : Ultra high-speed high-capacity DSP with lossless A/D and D/A
conversion. Integrated Digital Mixer supports routing and seamless signal-level management
for five fully configurable audio channels. Color Graphic LCD presents a highly intuitive GUI for
settings, save & recall, and MIDI functionality.
• Digital Effects and Controls: Channel Parametric EQ, Notch Filter, Compressor, Noise Gate,
Main and Aux panning, Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Real-Time Chan-Level Bar Graphs, Save & Recall
Programs.
• Analog Master controls: Master Volume, Mono Switch, Equalizer (Low, Mid, High)
• Speakers: 8” Woofer; 5 1/4” woofer, 1” Silk-dome Tweeters
• Amplifier: 120W Class D Amplifiers
• Nominal output levels (1 kHz): Right Channel Link out: -10 dBu Main/Direct Output: +4dBu
• Stereo Inputs: 1/4” Left/Right input jacks
• Phantom Power: +48V
• Aux in control: Level knob
• Displays: Color Graphic LCD; signal, peak, sys power, phantom power, and batter level LEDs
• Connectors: CH1 & 2: Input jacks (mic XLR, 1/4” Line, 1/4” Instrument ), CH3/4: (mic XLR, 1/4”
Line), CH5/6: Left/Right stereo input (1/4” TRS), AUX in: (1/8” jack), Right channel output (1/4”),
XLR Direct Out (Chan 1 & 2) or Main Mix outputs, DC in jack
• Power Switch
• Power Supply Adaptor: DC 12V, 5000mA
• Built-in Battery: 11000mAh Lithium Iron Phosphate (LifePO4)
approximately 4 to 6 hrs play timewith full charge.
• Other features:
Playback from Bluetooth device
Optimized front ports for extended low-frequency response
Rechargeable Battery can be recharged from Car battery when using DC car
adaptor cord *Optional*
Built-in pole-mount, 35mm receptacle on bottom of unit
• Accessories: AC cord, AC adaptor, DC cord for the car, Owner’s manual
• Dimensions: 15.30”WX13.1”Hx9.80”D
• Weight: 30 lbs
• Designed and assembled in USA
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 09-06-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymartin View Post
Can anyone speak on the dispersion of this amp? Maybe compare to the S1 pro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPease View Post
I, too, would like to know if anyone has checked on it’s dispersion. Thx.
As in above post this spec is not listed. Perhaps an email to them will answer your question.
They are quick to respond during buisness hrs.

Last edited by varmonter; 09-06-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
The notch there now is per channel.
The one your asking for would be global
Iike the tone knobs on top..correct?
Yes. I've played shows where I come back from a break and suddenly something has changed and I'm battling feedback. And while I am versed well enough with the X6 to go in and dial it out pretty quick, I think it would be helpful to have an external dedicated and global notch dial. This would also help with guitars and situations where you sometimes get a feedback at TWO different frequencies! Another issue is I sometimes will get different feedback frequencies based on changing capo positions. So the internal notch would be helpful for dialing out that one problematic frequency of your guitar and then the external global at dialing out anything that pops up due to a capo change.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes. I've played shows where I come back from a break and suddenly something has changed and I'm battling feedback. And while I am versed well enough with the X6 to go in and dial it out pretty quick, I think it would be helpful to have an external dedicated and global notch dial. This would also help with guitars and situations where you sometimes get a feedback at TWO different frequencies! Another issue is I sometimes will get different feedback frequencies based on changing capo positions. So the internal notch would be helpful for dialing out that one problematic frequency of your guitar and then the external global at dialing out anything that pops up due to a capo change.
I’m a fan of the dbx auto feedback system. I’d like to see something like that make its way to the Elite gear. I don’t need it but it would be nice to have in the digital systems.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I’m a fan of the dbx auto feedback system. I’d like to see something like that make its way to the Elite gear. I don’t need it but it would be nice to have in the digital systems.
I've heard of the dbx auto feedback system but I'm not that familiar with it. I sounds like a great solution though. Most notch systems come at a cost of dialing out potentially a large chunk of your tone which is why some don't like them. I will say that the EAE does a fairly good job of having a narrow frequency band that you can select and then dial out just the smallest amount needed to eliminate the feedback while still leaving some of that frequency in there but it's a trade off in that you really need to have a few minutes to find, identify, and eliminate slowly which is not great in a live situation. Sure, it can be done but like I said, having the ability to dial out something that pops up live quickly is a lifesaver when performing. I know that EAE is very approachable and responsive via email and likes having suggestions for future upgrades and features to existing or new systems.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've heard of the dbx auto feedback system but I'm not that familiar with it. I sounds like a great solution though. Most notch systems come at a cost of dialing out potentially a large chunk of your tone which is why some don't like them. I will say that the EAE does a fairly good job of having a narrow frequency band that you can select and then dial out just the smallest amount needed to eliminate the feedback while still leaving some of that frequency in there but it's a trade off in that you really need to have a few minutes to find, identify, and eliminate slowly which is not great in a live situation. Sure, it can be done but like I said, having the ability to dial out something that pops up live quickly is a lifesaver when performing. I know that EAE is very approachable and responsive via email and likes having suggestions for future upgrades and features to existing or new systems.
The only problem is that is there was a global notch it would effect all of the inputs. If you only want to affect one input the current way may be better. Unless they gave a custom button that could be assigned to a custom parameter for the individual player.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
The only problem is that is there was a global notch it would effect all of the inputs. If you only want to affect one input the current way may be better. Unless they gave a custom button that could be assigned to a custom parameter for the individual player.
Agreed on that. Even if you just had it dedicated to one channel only it would be a help. It's a wish list of things. It's pretty full featured as it is. A built in looper would be next!
Old 09-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Default D6-8 Pro now available.

I just got an email from EAE saying that the D6-8 Pro is now available on their website. Based on D6-8, it's same amp but in a wood cabinet. However, unlike the regular D6-8, it does NOT included the internal lithium battery. The price is just $50 more than the regular model but no internal battery would kill it off as a consideration for me. The shape is more squared than the original model, no doubt as a result of the lack of battery. But for those looking for the nice wood cabinet and don't care/need/want the battery it would no doubt be a nice little amp. Also only 18 pounds.

Last edited by Methos1979; 09-08-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
As in above post this spec is not listed. Perhaps an email to them will answer your question.
They are quick to respond during buisness hrs.
I asked and they replied this:

The dispersion is about 115 degrees, the D6-58 has two Tweeters, not one. That increases the dispersion compare to single tweeter systems.

That is very cool!
Old 09-08-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I just got an email from EAE saying that the D6-8 Pro is now available on their website. Based on D6-8, it's same amp but in a wood cabinet. However, unlike the regular D6-8, it does NOT included the internal lithium battery. The price is just $50 more than the regular model but no internal battery would kill it off as a consideration for me. The shape is more squared than the original model, no doubt as a result of the lack of battery. But for those looking for the nice wood cabinet and don't care/need/want the battery it would no doubt be a nice little amp. Also only 18 pounds.

You can’t fly with a lithium battery and low weight is important. It might be a nice system for travel.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:48 PM

D6 8 pro isn't the same amp.. it is only 80 watts

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification