The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Default Breedlove Pricing - Buy now Or wait for new models?

I'm in the process of selling off 30+ guitars - having spent some of the money already on a Guild D-150CE Westerly - The remainder is going to (As of today, ha) be spent on a Breedlove Premier Adirondack + Rosewood Concert CE - They are selling for $2500 - I get offers on reverb pretty regularly for around $2200.

I have been set on the Taylor 614ce, 714ce with sinker redwood and now i've landed on this Breedlove

So, my question is 2 part - For that money, in your guys' opinion - Is there a better guitar - 2nd - Do the prices drop like new vs used cars on breedloves? If I wait until next years models - historically have you guys seen the prices drop a significant amount that warrants waiting ?

I live in Dallas, TX and I cant find anywhere to actually play the premier line so I'm just going to have to find a place that has a solid return policy encase I don't love it.

They make a redwood topped version that I might pursue after the adirondak as well.

Thank you all for your help!
Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 PM

There are a ton of guitars in that price range, but what's best is up to you. I will say, however, that resale on Breedloves is pretty terrible, so I would probably buy something else for now and try to grab a used one in a year or two.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:20 PM
Charter Member

I've been watching used guitar prices over the past year or two, just to get a handle on what a good deal is when I'm looking for the next final guitar. Guitars in the $2K-$3K price range from Martin, Taylor and Breedlove all take a price hit, unless you can get a really good deal on a new one. From what I've seen, Breedlove's don't suffer a bigger price reduction than the other brands.

I have one of their Premier Concertinas - Redwood top/EIRW back and sides. It's fantastic. Great craftsmanship. Wonderful sound. Its a 12-fret, so that would be different from the Concert model. Not as bright as most Taylors, but more bass than my 00-18V. Highly recommended.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:15 PM

Sent you a PM

If you play it right the first time, it's not hard enough.

Breedlove Exotic CM Classic E: Red Cedar/Black Walnut
Bedell Angelica Bellissima Parlor: Sunken Cedar/EIR
Breedlove Crossover OO Mandolin: Sitka/Maple

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove guitars