The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-03-2024, 07:48 PM
TheGITM TheGITM is offline
Curiouser and curiouser
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 1,555
Default Baby, I Love Your Way (Frampton Cover)

Frampton #2... this is just the SM7B (vocals) and SM57 (guitar). One track each, one take (obviously). This is the first time recording the 0012-28 MD.

__________________
...any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-04-2024, 09:44 AM
Glennwillow Glennwillow is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Coastal Washington State
Posts: 45,662
Default

Wow, nice job on this! You sound good and so does your guitar!

- Glenn
__________________
My You Tube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-04-2024, 01:00 PM
TheGITM TheGITM is offline
Curiouser and curiouser
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 1,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Wow, nice job on this! You sound good and so does your guitar!

- Glenn
Hey! Thanks!
__________________
...any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-2024, 03:10 PM
raysachs's Avatar
raysachs raysachs is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Eugene, OR & Wilmington, NC
Posts: 4,948
Default

Sounds great Matt. Much more similar to the original than the other one, but very well done. Both guitar and vocal...

-Ray
__________________
"It's just honest human stuff that hadn't been near a dang metronome in its life" - Benmont Tench
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-2024, 04:27 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,329
Default

Good one!
..........
__________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
Barry

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral}:


Classical playlist

Celtic covers

Cordoba C5, Fusion 12, C12, Stage Traditional

Avalon L32, Martin D16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-04-2024, 04:50 PM
Coler's Avatar
Coler Coler is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,650
Default

Sounding great. Not an easy one to sing - you more than managed it.

The guitar sounds very good. Plenty of body.
__________________
McNally Custom Dread Adi/Hog,
McNally Custom OM Cedar/Walnut
000-28
Lowden S32J
Guild F-512e (Spruce/Rosewood)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-2024, 04:55 PM
TheGITM TheGITM is offline
Curiouser and curiouser
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 1,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Sounds great Matt. Much more similar to the original than the other one, but very well done. Both guitar and vocal...

-Ray
Thanks, Ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Good one!
..........

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coler View Post
Sounding great. Not an easy one to sing - you more than managed it.

The guitar sounds very good. Plenty of body.
My voice has been going downhill for a few years. Of course, if I would practice I might actually improve! We'll see...

The guitar is fantastic for a little 12 fretter... I think I'll keep it.
__________________
...any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2024, 07:27 PM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 5,702
Default

That is soooo good all the way around, love it
__________________
Bob

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZaWP
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2024, 04:13 PM
superbitterdave superbitterdave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGITM View Post
Frampton #2... this is just the SM7B (vocals) and SM57 (guitar). One track each, one take (obviously). This is the first time recording the 0012-28 MD.


Nicely done!

Great arrangement and those are some dang hard notes to hit! Well played and well sung. Love the clothes pin DIY as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Dave
__________________
Dave Roach
Taylor 616ce
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw8...DQEKiZw/videos
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-2024, 10:04 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
AGF Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGITM View Post
My voice has been going downhill for a few years. Of course, if I would practice I might actually improve! We'll see...

The guitar is fantastic for a little 12 fretter... I think I'll keep it.
Better than my voice has ever been even on the best of days.

And that really is a nice sounding guitar.

Nice job!
__________________
My Music
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-14-2024, 08:26 AM
TheGITM TheGITM is offline
Curiouser and curiouser
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 1,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
That is soooo good all the way around, love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Nicely done!

Great arrangement and those are some dang hard notes to hit! Well played and well sung. Love the clothes pin DIY as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Better than my voice has ever been even on the best of days.

And that really is a nice sounding guitar.

Nice job!
Thanks, all! I do love this guitar... and yes, clothes pins are a multi-purpose tool!

Hopefully, I will continue to improve. It's always fun to get feedback! So thank you!
__________________
...any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-14-2024, 04:23 PM
Robin, Wales Robin, Wales is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Eryri, Wales
Posts: 4,920
Default

Oh I really love this! What a great song. I have heard it on the radio, but never really listened to it before. You have done a fantastic job. I love your guitar arrangement and its rhythm - and the vocal phrasing you use makes the song stand out!

You have inspired me to sit here for the last hour playing your video with my guitar in my hand and trying to work out the song for myself. I think that I need to sing it in C# rather than G - so I'm capo'd up at the 6th fret. And I (literally) don't have enough fingers to reach the chords that you play. But I think that I can get away with just working the more basic cowboy chords I'm hearing underneath the enhanced chords in your arrangement, and then using some hammer-ons and pull-offs to fill it out a bit.

Thanks for posting this. You are a great inspiration!
__________________
I'm learning to flatpick and fingerpick guitar to accompany songs.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.



Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-14-2024, 07:58 PM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 1,412
Default

Boy, this one brings me back. Great song selection and really nice job on this Frampton classic tune you nailed it.
__________________
Started with 1


bowerman custom OM 28 style 2019
breedlove 000-M deluxe revival 2009 (JB)
breedlove OM/AR deluxe (2) 2010
breedlove D/SM american revival 2010 (JB)
breedlove OM/SMYe oregon series 2013
breedlove D/SMYe oregon series 2013
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog mit 1986
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mij 1976
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit 1971
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-15-2024, 07:18 AM
TheGITM TheGITM is offline
Curiouser and curiouser
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 1,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
Oh I really love this! What a great song. I have heard it on the radio, but never really listened to it before. You have done a fantastic job. I love your guitar arrangement and its rhythm - and the vocal phrasing you use makes the song stand out!

You have inspired me to sit here for the last hour playing your video with my guitar in my hand and trying to work out the song for myself. I think that I need to sing it in C# rather than G - so I'm capo'd up at the 6th fret. And I (literally) don't have enough fingers to reach the chords that you play. But I think that I can get away with just working the more basic cowboy chords I'm hearing underneath the enhanced chords in your arrangement, and then using some hammer-ons and pull-offs to fill it out a bit.

Thanks for posting this. You are a great inspiration!
Wow. Thank you. I think that this is probably the best compliment I could ever hope to get! I am both humbled and very thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by started with 1 View Post
Boy, this one brings me back. Great song selection and really nice job on this Frampton classic tune you nailed it.
Much appreciated! I love the (now) classic music from the 70s and 80s!
__________________
...any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-28-2024, 03:34 PM
Robin, Wales Robin, Wales is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Eryri, Wales
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGITM View Post
Wow. Thank you. I think that this is probably the best compliment I could ever hope to get! I am both humbled and very thankful.


Well I've continued to play around with the song for the last 10 days or so since your fantastic video. I have sort of worked out an accompaniment based around cowboy chords at capo 7, but signing the song is another matter altogether! I'd like to do the song at our local open mic' next Friday. I think that I've got enough time to work on it. I recorded myself tonight to see where I was....disappointingly lazy singing. Anyway, here's the recording. I don't have much experience of recording - so this was just a single mic' in my living room into my Zoom H5.

Thanks again for posting your cover - very inspirational.
__________________
I'm learning to flatpick and fingerpick guitar to accompany songs.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.



Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=