The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-16-2020, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD: Gibson J-45 Banner 1942 Reissue

In light of the thread that is going on here with the Gibson drama, I purchased a J45 banner [emoji23].

My first high end guitar was a Gibson Song Writer in Ovangkol that my father purchased for me after high school graduation. Sadly, I sold it a few years back to fund the purchase of a Martin HD-28v. That songwriter wasn’t the best sounding or feeling guitar I had ever played, but it had lots of memories and I’d buy it back in a heartbeat if I could! I’m not much of a collector so the herd stays relatively small with ones that fit my needs.

I’ve missed having a Gibson in the stable and have been on the hunt for a J45 for a few years. I was usually left unimpressed give or take one or two that I probably should have bought cause they were really great examples. I believe most of them were standard models.

We’re about to have our second child, a boy. My wife is really set on the name Banner. The J45 Banner seems only fitting. It will be here tomorrow. Sweetwater Rep really helped me out.

I play quite a bit and if it checks out it will see a lot of use. The plan is to wear it out until he graduates high school and he can have it. If he doesn’t play I’ll still have a pretty sweet guitar!

Will update later with actual pics.

My long lost friend.

The one to come!

Old 07-16-2020, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

That is a beautiful sunburst!! Congratulations on both your new Banners!
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion