The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-04-2011, 03:57 AM

Question Interface Chain

I have an M Audio FireWire Solo and would like to have a couple more mic inputs. I thought maybe I could just get another Solo and chain them together, but now I've been reading alot about the Apogee Duet's superb quality.
Does anyone know if I would be able to chain an M audio solo to a Duet or is that even advisable??
I know it costs more than the Solo, but if it will make that much of an improvement I thought it's worth considering.
Sa
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM

This page is mainly about jack but also contains some information about aggregate devices on OS X: http://jackaudio.org/multiple_devices

Incidentally, you can also use the motherboard's onboard audio to add a further two channels. Quality isn't the best though. I've used it before along with my normal 2-channel card to archive some old four-track cassettes. Good enough for that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD