The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-20-2023, 08:59 AM

Default Fly Me To The Moon Ideas

Hi!

Fly Me To The Moon isn't only fine jazz standard but a great "platform" for different ideas. Here's some little ideas you might want to try. You can also check out link for tabs and backing track.

Cheers, Mikko

https://youtube.com/shorts/8twnC02T_XU?feature=share
Old 02-21-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula View Post
Hi!

Fly Me To The Moon isn't only fine jazz standard but a great "platform" for different ideas. Here's some little ideas you might want to try. You can also check out link for tabs and backing track.

Cheers, Mikko

https://youtube.com/shorts/8twnC02T_XU?feature=share
Hey Mikko. Great classic to experiment with for sure. If you have not done it. Check out the late great Buddy Fite’s Version of this song. Buddy was a obscure Jazz guitarist from the pacific NW region. Not well known. Played with his thumb like George Benson! Best! Sage.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Runner View Post
Hey Mikko. Great classic to experiment with for sure. If you have not done it. Check out the late great Buddy Fite’s Version of this song. Buddy was a obscure Jazz guitarist from the pacific NW region. Not well known. Played with his thumb like George Benson! Best! Sage.
Thank you! I had never heard about Buddy Fite. Really great player and if comments are correct he was also lumber jack and member of Hell's Angels. Intrrrsting indeed.[emoji848]
He surely had unique playing style.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula View Post
Thank you! I had never heard about Buddy Fite. Really great player and if comments are correct he was also lumber jack and member of Hell's Angels. Intrrrsting indeed.[emoji848]
He surely had unique playing style.
I had not heard of Buddy but ran across three of his Record LP Albums 30 years ago. Amazing player. He was well known in and around the Seattle Jazz Music scene in the 1960s. Buddy shunned the limelight, but there were some well known Jazz Guitarists that ran across Buddy and were quoted as saying Buddy was one of the Best they had seen. The Late great Les Paul was one who occasionally bumped into him in a Seattle Night club. Yes he was a lumberjack . A big man. Around 6’ 4”. And was known to work on his Harley in his living room.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell