The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-23-2018, 05:21 PM

Atlanta fans probably have the blues. The omega goat came to town, broke a record, ran for 2 TDs.
In ot the Falcons stopped em' at the half yard line, only to suffer the indignity of Brees diving in. omg
Heckuva game. https://youtu.be/Yyp_l3pHj7Y
Old 09-23-2018, 06:49 PM

No Flowers and no Chung is really showing on the pats defense.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:41 PM

Kinda glad Buffalo won the other day -that was some really good playing.
One of the best games ive ever seen !
Old 09-24-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
Kinda glad Buffalo won the other day -that was some really good playing.

One of the best games ive ever seen !

Missed thy game but that final score was like wow...against the Vikings?
Old 09-25-2018, 12:16 PM

Just discovered this thread.

It has been a wild year!

Who would won a contest asking which quaterback would be the first in history to throw for over 400 yards in the first three games of a season? For that matter, for three straight games in any season ever!

The Rookie QBs are astounding, thus far. And the ones who were expected to sit, perhaps for the entire season are all getting their chances way early.

The Second Year QBs, the big ones, have shown nothing like a "sophomore slump." At least not yet. But I certainly never expected Mahomes to produce as he has been.

Anyone else other than me pick Le'Veon Bell with their Number One fantasy pick? Sigh.

And just this week was spectacular football. The Saints - Falcons! There were SO many exciting contests. Last week too.

Other than refs corrupting entire games for someone laying down on a quarterback (if they don't differentiate between pile driving and a normal tackle the whole institution could be compromised perhaps forever,) this season has revitalized why I love organized team sports at the highest level: the phenomenal athleticism exhibited every minute, and the in-the-moment, unscripted drama cannot be matched by anything invented by playwrights, novelists, TV writers, et al.

So many expectations and predictions have been left in tatters already this year. And it is only Week 3.

Last edited by Kerbie; 09-26-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Edited
Old 09-25-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMansGuitar View Post

Anyone else other than me pick Le'Veon Bell with their Number One fantasy pick? Sigh.
Judging by the pictures of him on the jet ski down in Miami he's likely winning hot dog eating contests.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:38 AM

As they say east of Pittsburgh way, "Ouch! But dat schmartz der!"
Old 09-28-2018, 12:00 AM

How about that Rams vs Vikings game!
Old 09-28-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Other than refs corrupting entire games for someone laying down on a quarterback
The refs are just trying to judge and enforce the rules given by the league.
The point of emphasis is very simple. Avoid intentionally placing all the weight on the quarterback.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
The refs are just trying to judge and enforce the rules given by the league.

The point of emphasis is very simple. Avoid intentionally placing all the weight on the quarterback.

The problem is how they’re interpreting the rules. It seems like if you rush the qb, then you can’t tackle him nowadays. It’s gonna evolve to touch football eventually.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:04 PM

That is my point, even if I was exaggerating for effect.

In the Steelers game there were four such calls. One for a late hit, one was for someone driving their weight into the QB once he was on the ground. The other two should not have been called roughing the passer. (Granted Big Ben took a flop when someone barely touched his helmet. That itself should reviewable and people who fake injury or hits should be given one warning before being ejected, just like any other unsportsmanlike conduct.)

There have also been penalties this weekend where people were on the ground and made contact with the quarterback. They were not low hits, they were guys who ended up on the ground after being blocked.

The NFL has decided to do nothing about the rule. It will remain a judgment call.

What they NEED to do before integrity erodes entirely is make such judgment calls reviewable DURING the game.

The call where Clay Mathews hit Curt Cousins was said to have been a bad call, by the League after the fact. It was fourth down. The game should have ended with a Packer victory.

And when it comes to people rolling into the QB, apply the same or similar rules as they do Roughing the Kicker, where blatant roughing gets the big penalty, accidental roughing gets 5 yards, and STOP changing the results of games by allowing teams who deserved to lose not lose.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:37 PM

Otherwise, the Vikings - Rams game was one for the ages.

The Greatest Show on Turf II. I am very curious to see how long this keeps up.

They have to play the Chiefs in the high polluted altitude of Mexico City. THAT will be interesting!

The Vikings didn't look all that bad, they were simply outgunned.

Last edited by OneMansGuitar; 09-28-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Otherwise, the Vikings - Rams game was one for the ages.

The Greatest Show on Turf II. I am very curious to see how long this keeps up.

They have to play the Chiefs in the high polluted altitude of Mexico City. THAT will be interesting!

The Vikings didn't look all that bad, they were simply outgunned.

Yeah both qb’s threw over 400 yards. This game was about defense stepping up to the opposing offense’s aggressiveness.

Quote:
That is my point, even if I was exaggerating for effect.

In the Steelers game there were four such calls. One for a late hit, one was for someone driving their weight into the QB once he was on the ground. The other two should not have been called roughing the passer. (Granted Big Ben took a flop when someone barely touched his helmet. That itself should reviewable and people who fake injury or hits should be given one warning before being ejected, just like any other unsportsmanlike conduct.)

There have also been penalties this weekend where people were on the ground and made contact with the quarterback. They were not low hits, they were guys who ended up on the ground after being blocked.

The NFL has decided to do nothing about the rule. It will remain a judgment call.

What they NEED to do before integrity erodes entirely is make such judgment calls reviewable DURING the game.

The call where Clay Mathews hit Curt Cousins was said to have been a bad call, by the League after the fact. It was fourth down. The game should have ended with a Packer victory.

And when it comes to people rolling into the QB, apply the same or similar rules as they do Roughing the Kicker, where blatant roughing gets the big penalty, accidental roughing gets 5 yards, and STOP changing the results of games by allowing teams who deserved to lose not lose.

Agree 100%.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:05 PM

So far 0-31 Patriots mid third quarter against the 3-0 dolphins. Yep the Pats have no run game, the Pats are done for the season. [emoji23]
Old 09-30-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
So far 0-31 Patriots mid third quarter against the 3-0 dolphins. Yep the Pats have no run game, the Pats are done for the season. [emoji23]
I was at the game, I just got home.
WOW!
I sure did pick a good one to attend.
I lost my voice celebrating so hard after each TD.
The Pats were on fire, and the crowd was going nuts!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic