The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 09-19-2018, 04:21 PM

Smile We're Back on the Forum and Still Going Strong!

Hello AGF members! This is Bretta Baker of Soundseat. Just wanted to let all of you know that we have rejoined the AGF as sponsors as of today. We wanted to make a mark on this day, since it would have been J. R.'s 70th birthday today. What a great day to return to the forum and to thank all of you who have been supporting us through these past few years.

We have a new website. Please come check it out at www.soundseat.com. If you do happen to find any glitches, please let us know so we can get them corrected.

To celebrate what would have been J. R.'s birthday, we will keep the old prices still in effect for AGF members until October 19, 2018. Just remember to let us know you're an AGF member when we speak with you so we can adjust things accordingly.

Thank you all so much for your support and kind thoughts and wishes.

Bretta
Old 09-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Hey Bretta,

Great to have SoundSeat on the forum. J.R. Was a wonderful man, and I believe you and I have shared some correspondence over the years when I was ordering one of the three seats I bought from you.

Great occasion to join the forum, and J.R. Is in many of our thoughts, even now.

I’m so glad you’re carrying on with the company, and as many have posted here, doing a wonderful job and service to your customers.

It’s no exaggeration when I say it’s great to have you here!

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"
Old 09-19-2018, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Hi Bretta! Great to have you here! It's wonderful that your return is on what would have been JR's 70th. No better birthday present than that. I think he'd like it.

I'm loving my SoundSeat. Your taking over and continuing JR's dream is a wonderful story. We're delighted to have SoundSeat back as a sponsor. Please make yourself at home here.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Hi Bretta, great to see you here. I own two of your seats, they get used daily, and are aging beautifully. All the best, and keep making an excellent product!

B

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Hi, Bretta! It's great to see you back on the forum and your new site looks great! J.R. and I were buddies for many years. We met at MonroeStock IV AGF gathering and yakked on the phone regularly. I was a crushing blow to me when he passed. I'm so glad to see you picking up the baton and running!

I'm on the left and John (Cakes) is on the right

Typical J.R. clowning poses

My answer

Oh yeah. Ruth and I LOVE our Soundseats. I was just in the studio, sitting on the seat and thinking about J.R.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 09-19-2018, 08:15 PM

Typical J.R. clowning poses

Thanks, Bob! I do remember this T-shirt, but I do not think I still have a picture with him in it. My assistant and I had a good laugh when this scrolled up.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:01 AM

Bretta, welcome back and what a fitting way to rejoin! As has been stated, great product and love mine more and more each day (my avatar is the custom stitched pattern on the seat back)! All the best with the new website and business in general.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:42 PM

Great to see SoundSeat here. I just spoke with Lois an hour ago to lock in my third order, as an office chair.

For those of you not familiar with SoundSeat, I have several chairs in my music room - a Pik-n-Glider, two Roc-n-Soc thrones, an office side chair, and two SoundSeats. The SoundSeats are always my first choice for playing sessions, and will be for tomorrow's jam at my house.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:31 PM

Great to have you as a sponsor!
I just got off the phone with Lois as well, placing an order for my first SoundSeat!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 07:15 PM
*mahoganut*

Bretta - welcome back and thanks for your support!

I have a beautiful SoundSeat I bought from a Forum member 10 years ago. Thanks for continuing on making a fantastic product!!

Best,

Phil

Paragon RW/Macassar Ebony Baritone
Rainsong S OM1100-N2
Woolson LS RW/30s African mahogany LG 12
Baranik LS RW/"tree" mahogany OO
Baranik Blue Spruce/"tree" mahogany OM
Boswell RW/koa OO
Baranik Retreux Parlour Adi/Pumaquiro
Baranik Blue Spruce/Coco Meridian "Geo"
Baranik Blue Spruce/Kingwood OO
Woolson T13 RW/Walnut SIG
Old 09-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

I love my Sound Seat. Very high quality and very comfortable!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:11 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Welcome! I really love my SoundSeats.

J.R. Rogers
Old 09-28-2018, 08:31 AM

Default Soundseat Kudos

Awesome seats. I have had one for around 5 years or more and it allows me to play comfortably for 2-3 hours without back and shoulder pain.. Again awesome product.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundSeat View Post
Hello AGF members! This is Bretta Baker of Soundseat. Just wanted to let all of you know that we have rejoined the AGF as sponsors as of today. We wanted to make a mark on this day, since it would have been J. R.'s 70th birthday today. What a great day to return to the forum and to thank all of you who have been supporting us through these past few years.

We have a new website. Please come check it out at www.soundseat.com. If you do happen to find any glitches, please let us know so we can get them corrected.

To celebrate what would have been J. R.'s birthday, we will keep the old prices still in effect for AGF members until October 19, 2018. Just remember to let us know you're an AGF member when we speak with you so we can adjust things accordingly.

Thank you all so much for your support and kind thoughts and wishes.

Bretta

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace