The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-22-2020, 04:19 AM

Default Bugera AC60 vs Kustom Sieena pro

I want to buy one them for home sometimes I will take it to my parents house.

I hear only the kustom.
The price is almost the same Which one is more recommended?
Yamaha LL-TA
Old 04-22-2020, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaMN View Post
I want to buy one them for home sometimes I will take it to my parents house.

I hear only the kustom.
The price is almost the same Which one is more recommended?
I'm unfamiliar with the Kustom so can't fairly compare it to my Bugera AC-60, which I love. One thing I noticed just by looking is the Kustom's two inputs are XLR for mic and 1/4 inch for guitar or whatever. One of the Bugera's two inputs is a combo, which allows either the XLR or another 1/4-inch to go in there. Useful in some settings (I use mine with a friend on keyboard and me on guitar) but the Kustom setup may be fine for you.

The Bugera is also much more portable, if the "Sienna 65 Pro" on Amazon is the one you're talking about. Bugera: 15 pounds, measures 10.8 X 12.9 X 9.3 inches. Kustom: 31 pounds, 21 x 11.5 x 17.5 inches.

Haven't heard the Kustom so I can't say if you get better tone or significantly more volume for that added weight and size--but the Bugera is way more than enough for any room in a normal house. I've used it in medium-sized bars.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Charter Member

While I can’t comment on the Bugera, I do have a Kustom Sienna 30 Pro. It is a small heavy amp, plenty of sound. I did not like the stock speaker so I replaced it with a Jenson Mod which to my ears vastly improved the sound. My only complaint is the same one noted by Chriscom, both inputs are ¼ inch, why they did not make both of them combo I don’t know. It works well for a loud small acoustic amp, I’ve found that it disperses better when it is off the floor.I use it strictly for guitar so I can not tell you how a mic would sound through it.
Custom Emerald X20-12 guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification